Rose Xeon CRS 3000

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

TheWizard3000

by TheWizard3000

Here is my Rose Xeon 3000; recently put some Planet X's on and rides superbly, stiff and really direct. The bike weigh's 6.4KG and I'm hoping to make a few changes in the future to bring her under 6. I hope to upload some better quality close ups soon.

DSC04447 by TheWizard3000, on Flickr

Spec list:

Rose Xeon Frameset 59cm
Full Ultegra 6700 Glossy Grey
Planet X R50 Carbon Wheels
FSA Orbit I Carbon Headset
3T Erganova handlebars
3T Dorico LTD Seatpost
Fizik Antares Saddle
Planet X titanium skewers
VDO Z3 HRM Digital Wireless Cycle Computer
Shimano Pressfit BB
Speedplay Zero Titaniums

Cheers,
GA
Last edited by TheWizard3000 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

Lovin it, those stays look skinny where they meet the seat tube...... tell us more about the ride. How are the px wheels too? I am looking at some tubs for next summer having always been on clinchers. Nice to see something a little different on WW.

Leviathan

by Leviathan

Id be interested to know how much that costs - I think its got to be great value. One of the really interesting changes in the last 3 years has been sub 6.8kg fames at sub 2.5k Euros.

TheWizard3000

by TheWizard3000

Thanks guys, regarding ride quality I really love it. Compared to other carbon frames its not the best a dampening despite the skinny seat-stays (some would argue synonymous with German engineered bikes :lol: ), however it is comfy for long rides, I think this is also to do with the position (I do intend to lower the stem soon). The seat-stays seem to be skinner on the larger models. The bike is incredible stiff, not shown is the huge (wide) bottom bracket, you can see the large head tube though. The bike is much more stable at higher speeds than any other bike I have ridden and it corners nicely. My only negative comment would be its 'sharpness' when putting the power down, wavering slightly on the flats.
I bought the bike for its elegance as well as highly rated performance and in the flesh it really is a 'pretty bike.'
The bike cost quite a bit less than 2000 pounds, coming with Mavic Ksyrium Elites which I use most often. The R50's are very nice, especially at speed and supprisingly when climbing. I went for the 2X lacing so I could use them quite rigorously and often; I really like them and love tubulars and believe you can't beat them for the money. The braking however isn't great and I would recommend decent pads.
Cheers guys!

artray

by artray

Very well put together . Looks great :thumbup:

ross

by ross

Your scales are a bit on the optimistic side i think

Nice looking bike tho, enjoy

TheWizard3000

by TheWizard3000

Thank you for the kind comments.
Hello Ross, regarding the optimistic weight, I weighed the bike when received and it came to about 6.9-6.91, (I believe it is quoted on the website to be 6.95 http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/rose ... aid:556829). I saved just less than 300g with the Planet X wheels, I must admit I was surprised at the lightness of the wheels for the money. (I do feel the lack a little in stiffness though). The remaining 200g was saved through titanium skewers, the 3T dorico ltd seatpost, 3T cockpit and the saddle made about 30g difference.
I will upload some items on the scales soon.
GA

UKpaul

by UKpaul

ross wrote:Your scales are a bit on the optimistic side i think

Nice looking bike tho, enjoy

:thumbup:

I was going to say the same

Looks good though

Valy

by Valy

Wow, looks awesome and those seatstays are impossibly thin! How is the comfort btw?

TheWizard3000

by TheWizard3000

Hey Valy, the seat stays are very thin however they are not circular and are quite wide laterally (I will upload more images) and I really think it counters the thickness of the head tube making it quite elegant. Surprisingly the comfort isn't incredible compared to other carbon bikes, the bike being very stiff, however road buzz is dampened well. Having test riden a Supersix I think it compares quite nicely to that if a little sharper or even 'jumpier' when steering. The frame however is incredibly light for its size, I am very pleased with it.

Valy

by Valy

It's just that I was looking at Canyon and Rose - went with Canyon in the end, but Rose seems to give even more value - and internal cabling! :D

Either way, hard to go wrong.

TheWizard3000

by TheWizard3000

I was in the same situation deciding between the Aeroad, CF SLX and the Rose Xeon. In hindsight I am very pleased with the Rose and glad I chose it, however the 2013 rumours and pictures of the CF SLX look brilliant.

TheWizard3000

by TheWizard3000

Just a quick update with the new scales for the bike, the accuracy seems good, so about 50g off what I had measured before.

DSC04455 by SpermWizard3000, on Flickr
Last edited by TheWizard3000 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CarpetFibre

by CarpetFibre

Wow that is definitely lighter than I'd have guessed. Did you catch what the frame weighed?

As for weight loss it depends; if you don't mind changing saddles then you could probably lose nearly 100g there - the conti sprinters are good every day tyres (I've never managed to puncture one), but for better ride quality and another 100g weight loss you could consider vittoria/challenge/veloflex of some flavour?

The crankset could be changed for a lighter one - lots of weight to be saved there. Same with the brakes... all of these things could see you below 6kg without too much fuss!

After that we're talking bars/stem/seatpost but that can get pretty pricey...

Those Planet X wheels are really an excellent weight considering how much they cost. It's probably a big player in why your bike is so light!