tufo tubular wheels

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

paulo76

by paulo76

Anyone tried these?
http://www.tufo.com/colibri/

Is the weight too good to be true? Also if anyone has good experience using tubs for racing I wouldn't mind some advice. Ive had my years experience using stans and various tubeless setups and also tubular on the road but offroad especially on mtb makes me a little nervous ie rolling off the rim.
im also looking at going 29er for next year so want to get the lightest stiffest wheels possible.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Geoff

by Geoff

I have been running those wheels for quite a few years now. They are really well made and appear to be very tough (I say 'appear' because I am using them for cross country and off-season riding, not all-mountain). The spec is very good, although the use of the centrelock hubs is self-limiting (although one of our Forum Members is manufacturing a crazy-light set of fully-floating, centrelock rotors that would look perfectly at home on a GP race bike). The Tufo tires are pretty good for the terrain that I ride, so I have been quite impressed with them. There are lots of choices, but I like Dugast or FMB with Racing Ralph or Ralph/Fred treads best.

paulo76

by paulo76

whats the weight? you running 29ers

Geoff

by Geoff

I'm running 26. They aren't quite as light as advertised, but are around 1260g.