by sugarkane

Classic clavicula cranks would match all that campag carbon quite nicely IMO

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

BikeTart wrote:True enough - although I'm sure I read something about them being tricky to refinish because the crank arms are two halves bonded together? Might be imagining that though... :noidea:

They are no problem to refinish, myself and KB to name a few have had some done with extremely good results, I've posted pictures elsewhere on the forum showing them, if it were me I'd pick up some silver ones with this in mind, standard ones or SL's and get them anodised black or TURQUOISE :shock:
Ti or dye!

The Weenie formally known as CAADHEAD

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

I'd want the new design with the integrated spider and chainrings - they only do that in black.

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Wasn't using my Mad Fibers so I've sold them, and my Ambrosios need a new rear tyre so my R-SYS SLR clinchers are back on it for the moment:

Forgot how bouncy clinchers are! I might get the tubular version of this wheel as I love the braking control you get from the Exalith surface, and then I get the ride comfort (and better bump handling) of tubs too...

bontie

by bontie

BT - Sorry if this isn't the place to ask, but is the Mercian not happening anymore?

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

It's not Bontie, no.

I decided it wasn't the right route for me so I'm now getting a Gaulzetti Cazzo - rarer, made from better steel and designed to be a more focused bike.

bontie

by bontie

*bites through upper lip*

Coudln't find it on your own site no but you called the "told you so" comments a few months ago :lol:
Anyway, hope to hear(read) feedback on the Cazzo soon, and I'll be asking my questions in that thread...

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

I know... :oops:

Still, better to realise before I paid the full amount, or before any welding was done!

mrfish

by mrfish

Misposted

nspace

by nspace

Don't take this the wrong way, I do not intend this as a flame, but I can't decide if you would be a bike shop/builder's worst nightmare, or their favourite customer!

What didn't you like about the Merican? BTW. curious if you ever posted anything about why you decided to part with your steel Baum, or was that kept OTR in the interest of not damaging the relationship?

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

No offense taken - I am a f?&king nightmare! Too much time to think I reckon...

It's not that I didn't like the Mercian per se, just that I had a realisation that it could have been a bit mistake. Much as I'd still love a lugged frame, I like modern bikes. I needed reassurance that it was going to be a stiff, fast bike (I don't need either trait, but that's how I like my bikes to ride), but everything I read about them suggested otherwise. The Cazzo on the other hand is rarer, more interesting and reportedly a rocketship of a steel machine.

As for my steel Baum, it went back because it needed rebuilding. There's more to the story, but that's all I'm sharing for now.

nspace

by nspace

Thanks for not taking offense, I didn't mean it that way.

Fair enough re: Baum, I respect that.

I'm sure the Gaulzetti will be awesome. TBH, I didn't even know he built steel bikes, I don't think I've ever seen anything but his aluminum frames.

parajba

by parajba

Rich, you do realise what 'cazzo' means in Italian...? :mrgreen:

Btw how's it going Down Under?

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Yes, I do Manny. Believe it or not, the bike is named that way on purpose! :)

Australia is treating us very well - we're very settled and happy, thanks for asking!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

parajba

by parajba

Glad to hear it's all going well in Australia! It's freezing cold in London. Although right now temps have picked up a bit.

That is a seriously hilarious name for a bike! :)