campagnolo 11 sp chorus front der HELP!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

digitalnorbs

by digitalnorbs

so I move my 11 speed from scoot cr1 to a cervelo, and I use to be able to just have one place for the front der to cover the whole rear 11 sp cassette, now I have to trim . should I keep on playing with it to find that sweet spot, or can some one give me a good lesson on how to get that dialed in properly.
and its seems to me that the clicker for the rear on the shifter doesnt always move back to its correct position, does that mean the cable is tight on one of the bends?
please advice, thx

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

reggiebaseball

by reggiebaseball

clicker not returning to normal position means friction in the cable- maybe bends or grime, or not seated properly in the shifter under the rubber hand grip, or the rubber hand grip is not seated properly.

On my 11 speed drivetrain(s) I need to trim in the big ring. It takes 3 clicks of the left paddle to go up from the little ring to big, then I must use the fourth click to trim as I get towards the 15-14-13-12 end of my casette.

DaveS

by DaveS

If set properly, it should only take 3 clicks for an 11 speed FD. If you're using four, then there's some cable slack being taken up. The FD will certainly operate that way, but the last click of the finger lever should put the cage where it won't rub on the chain until the largest cog or two. Then a single click of the thumb lever trims the cage to the left.

It can be tricky to get the limit screws and cable tension set to work with 3 clicks, but as long as you have a frame mounted barrel adjuster, it just takes patience. Set the low limit first, without the cable attached to the FD. Then attach the cable and apply enough tension to get the cage to the fully right position in 3 clicks. The high limit screw can actually be set last, but it's good to have it close to correct, so you don't throw the chain off the right, while doing the setup.

Permon

by Permon

I have the same problem with Cervelo R3 (2008). What Cervelo do You have? Is it a pre 2011? If so, the chainstays are only 399mm long, which is the reason, You will never ever tune it. The chain will always rub FD on the last 2 cogs. :roll: Thats how it is.

digitalnorbs

by digitalnorbs

Im running 2010 RS

Permon

by Permon

RS has longer chainstays.... Strange.

digitalnorbs

by digitalnorbs

going to run some adjustments tonight, I want to clicks for the small ring and just one setting for the big ring, hate to trim the 11 cog=(

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

you have a campy crank or someone else's?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com