Ritchey 1-bolt clamp kits?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Biff

by Biff

Hi

I have both the 8x8.5mm and 7x9.6mm clamps for 1-bolt carbon seatposts but none of them fits my Flite Carbonio saddle :?: .The saddle has quite tall carbon rails and it´s a older 2007 model...Is there any clamp kits that´ll fit?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

The 8x8.5 should fit. Newer (last year or so) Selle Italia carbon railed saddles require the Fizik clamps (7x9.6).

Biff

by Biff

Turned out that the 7x9.6mm was the right fit!.I did´nt bother to try it as i thought it would´nt fit...Problem solved.Thx :D

Conan

by Conan

On a related note does anyone know if I am able to use the Aluminium designed head on a carbon post? I have a new seat but the Australian wholesalers have no idea when the correct head units will be delivered. I've ordered a alloy one online and hope I'll be able to use it. Carbon post one is on back order...

Conan

by Conan

There's two clamps for the carbon rails one for the aluminium post and the second for the carbon post. Nobody seems to be clear as to what the actual difference is. Hopefully I'll be able to use the alloy on the carbon post...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Biff

by Biff

I´m not sure as i have´nt used the alloy 1-bolt:but i assume that the shape of the contact area is different for the two seatposts...Otherwise it would´nt make sense to make one set of clamps for carbon and one for alloy?