The Wilier club

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

WasFab

by WasFab

[quote="Spindoctor"]OMG I have just found a pair of Lake CX401 shoes - all fully Wilier'd up

I want , I want , I want

Piece of art!

BTW
I need to replace the rings/spacers or washers that seals the bearings of my Cento Uno bottom bracket. Anyone knows what part number I need to look for?
Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Spindoctor

by Spindoctor

Ultimate bling - i'm not saying I like it, or would want it, but just because Wilier made it

Wiliers: Cento Uno; Cento SLR; Imperiale, Zero 7 (all Super Record 11sp naturally)

wolfesquire

by wolfesquire

I agree with kgt. It just looks too.....Ed Hardy-esque. Surprised their isn't glitter all over it.

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

kgt wrote:Don't like it... :?

+100000 :noidea:
πατα τραβα ρε

Fourthbook

by Fourthbook

Done tinkering with my Cento Uno except for replacement parts. 6.01 kilograms. Not sure about the red bar tape, although the lighting in the photos is most dramatic for the upper two configurations. The sequence reads from top left to bottom right, which is the current set up. Cheers!

Wilier Cento1 SR
13.10 lbs (5.95 kgs) w/Enve 3.4-Tune 70/170 & Conti Competitions tubulars
12.53 lbs (5.68 kgs) w/FarSports 24-Extralite & Vittoria CX EVO II tubulars

mojocracker

by mojocracker

Lucky you! I had to wait until I was 60 to get my first Wilier. Well worth the wait though! Cento 1, all Campy.

Fourthbook

by Fourthbook

You nearly assume too much: I just turned 60 but got the Wilier two years ago...
Wilier Cento1 SR
13.10 lbs (5.95 kgs) w/Enve 3.4-Tune 70/170 & Conti Competitions tubulars
12.53 lbs (5.68 kgs) w/FarSports 24-Extralite & Vittoria CX EVO II tubulars

kgt

by kgt

That's evolution!
Now, you are so close to perfection... which means... a full Campagnolo groupset! 8)

Doyler

by Doyler

I finally got my Campag brakes which I threatened to do. It still has the Shimano shoes as I am waiting for the Campag pads to arrive. Somehow, I got a few scuffs and scratches on the top tube. Nothing that anyone would normally notice, but since I spend far too much time fawning over mine, I spotted them and they annoyed the **** out of me. So I bought a few decals from these guys and slapped a big wilier.it across the top tube. I think it looks pretty sweet, but others may not agree.

reggiebaseball

by reggiebaseball

you have an italian bike, why are you running Shimano in the first place?

you are changing to campy parts one by one?

why one earth dont you just run Campy 11?

Spindoctor

by Spindoctor

reggiebaseball wrote:you have an italian bike, why are you running Shimano in the first place?

you are changing to campy parts one by one?

why one earth dont you just run Campy 11?

indeed - just get the full groupset as one - the cheapest way to do it
Wiliers: Cento Uno; Cento SLR; Imperiale, Zero 7 (all Super Record 11sp naturally)

Greenduck

by Greenduck

Doyler wrote:I finally got my Campag brakes which I threatened to do. It still has the Shimano shoes as I am waiting for the Campag pads to arrive. Somehow, I got a few scuffs and scratches on the top tube. Nothing that anyone would normally notice, but since I spend far too much time fawning over mine, I spotted them and they annoyed the **** out of me. So I bought a few decals from these guys and slapped a big wilier.it across the top tube. I think it looks pretty sweet, but others may not agree.]

I would have gone with glossy black decal instead og matte black. Or maybe a white outlined decal. I think the solid white decal looks a bit out of place.
Pinarello Dogma 65.1 Think 2: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=139324

Doyler

by Doyler

Well since you all asked...
The frame is a replacement for a Cervelo which I smashed up, so I initially couldn't afford Super Record to go on it as well as getting the Wilier frame. It was always my plan to get some kind of Campag for it. The Ultegra from the Cervelo was undamaged so I used that. I then found a great deal on a sweet Fulcrum Ultra Torque crankset from 2009 (reduced to less than half price). I couldn't resist it so bought that. I was thinking of getting Chorus for the Wilier, but then a mate bought EPS and wanted to off load his RD, FD and shifters which are Super Record and only a year old so I got a great deal on them. I bought the cassette new. That still left me with the old Ultegra calipers which I finally replaced last week. The price of a brand new Super Record groupset is about 2,000 Euro. I paid about half of that.

As for the decal: yes, now that you mention it, a glossy black one would look better. Great, now I feel like I have to spend more cash! Maybe I'll just buy a permanent black marker.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CLEAR

by CLEAR

just found this site. Started with one wilier GranTurismo last month, then a Cento1 SL just few days ago... and hoping for another Imperiale or Cento1 SR soon.

Last edited by CLEAR on Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.