H1 Fit Domane

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ypsylon

by Ypsylon

djconnel wrote:H1 geometry is on the Trek website for the Madone.

According to bikeradar Cancellara's Domane has a 15cm HT, but there's no 15cm HT on a H1 fit Madone.

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/article/pro-bike-fabian-cancellaras-trek-domane-6-series-maillot-jaune-34439/

http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/road/race_performance/madone_7_series/madone_7_9/#/us/en/model/fit_sizing?url=us/en/bikes/road/race_performance/madone_7_series/madone_7_9

Edit: Isn't the center to crown of the fork different, too?
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.

Fisherfreerider

by Fisherfreerider

It is H1 minus 5mm from the HT.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ypsylon

by Ypsylon

I appreciate the info you are trying to provide, but this just doesn't make sense. The Domane has the exact same wheelbase as the Madone? Hard to believe.

Then the regular Domane has those hidden fender mounts, but those are missing from the pro bikes. What about this one?

I do like the concept of the Domane, but the geo is extremely relaxed, not only when it comes to fit, but also handling.

I'll head over to my local Trek dealer, I hope they know something.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.

boots2000

by boots2000

Also chainstay length and fork span (for clearance) and bb height should be different.

Fisherfreerider

by Fisherfreerider

I will make a call to trek and see if I can get some answers. The pro bikes are layed up differently, and do not have replaceable hangers.

CarlosFerreiro

by CarlosFerreiro

So the H1 bikes to be released are not the same as the H1 bikes the pros are using.....
How significant a difference will the UCI allow and still consider that the "commercial availability" regulation is satisfied?
:noidea:

ironman1

by ironman1

Dropping the BB a cent. effectivly makes the head tube 1 cent. longer from madone.

districtcarbon

by districtcarbon

Just ordered a 2013 H1 fit from my LBS, apparently they made 250 H1 team frames to comply with UCI rules and if you know someone, you can get one.