show me your cervelo

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

reidarherre

by reidarherre

SSB wrote:^ Nice ride! :thumbup:

Not a fan of the red Campy hoods, but maybe a little contrast is necessary on a stealthed frame like that. I'd debadge those wheels too!

Unsure about the hoods as well, probably going to change to black. Unsure if I can get the stickers on the wheels off, they seems to be under the clear painting, any suggestions ?
2012 Cervelo R5ca Campa Superrecord.

bigalx

by bigalx

Hello all, this is my cervelo!

do you have any upgrade suggestion ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

GT56

by GT56

Change brake calipers to Ultegra, best braking calipers in the industry

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

^ this is true in my experience....

mrfish

by mrfish

So some weight adding tips:

+1 re. brakes, I just got rid of my Gravitas brakes to go back to DA. But I suspect you would be fine with the latest DA pads. Secondly get rid of the Tufo tyres and get some Veloflex. Those will make the bike nicer to ride.

To reduce weight it's pretty simple; make a spreadsheet with current weights, then see how much it costs to save each g. Either set a £/g limit, or just buy things which save maximum g. But I would recommend not going crazy, for instance there is no point in buying light tyres if they give a bad ride (Tufo), don't fit (Schmolke bars and carbon seats) or spending £££s on light parts if you could save a lot more for less by switching to a lighter frame.

Assuming you want to keep the frame and forks I would look at things in roughly this order:
1. Cut off anything unnecessary; seat post, fork, shorten cables, remove stickers, throw away valve caps, shorten chain etc.
2. Focus on the small stuff; bolts, bottle cages, inner tubes, headset compressor and top cap, bar tape and ends, tyres, cables, veloplugs, chain, skewers... There is a lot of weight to be spared there for not too much cash
3. Look at cheaply upgrading the heavier items attached to the frame: saddle, post, bars, stem, pedals
4. Look at lighter groupset items: Cranks and brakes are main weight savers here
5. Change wheels and fork
6. Change frame

I would personally stop after 2. as you will have a nice, well-tuned bike. If you go further you might feel you have a mismatched bike with some areas begging to be upgraded until you spend lots of £££s on a whole new frame, groupset and wheels.

Doyler

by Doyler

I posted a while back with my R3 which I broke. The frame was repaired and I finally rebuilt it. Here is the final build, with my wife's wheels which she has kindly let me borrow.

Hideous crank action there, but I had to put that reflective crap on for the Race Around Ireland and it's so difficult to get it off.

Picking her up from the shop.

Weight

Some vanity shots.

I'm going to leave this paint here as a reminder not to be so stupid.

Some fork damage which I'm really not so sure about.

BmanX

by BmanX

Here it is updated and you can see on page three what it used to look like. Also in talks to get some custom bars done like the ones at in the last picture but more aero.
Bike is currently at 5980g/13.18 lbs.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

rouler

by rouler

plpete

by plpete

A bit dirty after a 104mi Granfondo

bruno2000

by bruno2000

Does somebody know an internetshop that still has a S1 frame size 56?

highwater

by highwater

Already in its own thread, but I will add this here too:

:beerchug: