Help Please!!! I need to lose 108 grams as cheap as possible

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

runningrunningjump

by runningrunningjump

Hi there.

Great to see your supersix build. I've got one on the go on here;

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=98596

Very interesting to compare as we are at a similar weight I'm currently at 13.69lb 6.2kg. And some clear areas where we can copy from each other!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

runningrunningjump

by runningrunningjump

Some cheap ideas from my build that you've not looked at;

My bottle cage bolts were 6g each so switched them for Ali ones saved 20g for £4!

I found a basically new dura ace 7900 front mech for under £40 and it works great with force shifters,
-30g+

I'd like to look at a lighter headset topcap set up but the few options are not sold in the uk....

Finally, how did you get a fizik Aliante to 150g as you list?

Jwhelan939

by Jwhelan939

Hey running,
The saddle is carbon braided. Its listed at 145 but mine hit the scale at 149.7. I want to look at your post when I get home. I have a feeling it'll help a lot.

Jwhelan939

by Jwhelan939

Sorry its Antares not Alliante

Jwhelan939

by Jwhelan939

I was looking into the ti spindle for my speedplays; however, nobody seems to make them for light action pedals. I can't get stock ti pedals cause my 190lbs exceeds their weight limit. Looks like I'm stuck with 206 gram pedals.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Jwhelan939 wrote:I was looking into the ti spindle for my speedplays; however, nobody seems to make them for light action pedals. I can't get stock ti pedals cause my 190lbs exceeds their weight limit. Looks like I'm stuck with 206 gram pedals.

I don't know if this is true. Send an inquiry to tispindle@gmail.com

Jwhelan939

by Jwhelan939

I actually emailed them this morning. Had a response within 3 hours, which was nice, but they said they do not make spindles for the light action pedals.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Jwhelan939 wrote:I actually emailed them this morning. Had a response within 3 hours, which was nice, but they said they do not make spindles for the light action pedals.

Sorry about that. I didn't realize that different spindles are used for different pedals. I do know that the Zeros and X pedals share the same spindle.

FYI- the weight limit of the replacement spindle in shorter or standard length is 235 lbs. You could get a new pair of X2 chromoly and swap out the spindle.

roca rule

by roca rule

if i was you i would go for vredestein latex tubes
the weight about 45-48 grams on my scale, that is les than 100grams for the pair.

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

Jwhelan939 wrote:I actually emailed them this morning. Had a response within 3 hours, which was nice, but they said they do not make spindles for the light action pedals.

all speedplay stainless pedals share the axle fitment. ive swapped them before...

Jwhelan939

by Jwhelan939

So you have used zero spindles on light action pedals? Everywhere on the internet makes it sound like you cant do that. Hmm...ill have to look into it. The company that makes the spindles even said their spindles wont fit light action pedals.

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

i will doublecheck tomorrow, but what i remember is that the light action cromo is different from the zero cromo. it's same as the x-cromo. and stainless was all the same.

Jwhelan939

by Jwhelan939

That would be awesome. Thank you for spending the time to look.

lechat

by lechat

Also picked up a 5 pack of the SSs, gotta love eBay. ~50gm tubes were getting hard to find, except at silly prices. Performance only offers the Ultra Lights in 60mm now, with a listed weight of 65gms.
I've had good luck with this type of tube. The exception being a Vittoria Evo that failed at the stem. Their actual weight was 65gms though (42mm). So I won't be buying any more of them anyway.

JWolf

by JWolf

Bar and stem could be lighter.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com