2013 Dogma 65.1 Think2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Discoverspeed

by Discoverspeed

With the price drop and higher modulus carbon, wouldn't:
a. existing Dogma2 buyers feel a bit short-changed
b. we be expecting a new top-end model priced on top of Dogma 65.1 Think2? Prince?
Current Bikes: S-Works Venge 7.3kg
Storck F.3 5.5kg
Colnago Concept Art Deco CHDK 7/6.5kg
Collection: Team Ti Raleigh 753 Vintage Campy
Ex: Storck F0.6 Di2 6kg, Storck F0.7IS Di2 4.8kg, Storck Aero2 7.04kg Storck Organic Light 11.1kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Pinarello is like the Taylormade of the golf world... the next 3 editions are already developed and in the R&D dept...

As soon as they drop the Paris (again) the Prince will be back (again)

I'll bet the North American retail on the frame is still the same (or more) as the Dogma2...

cerro

by cerro

Stats wrote:The current Dogma 2 already has a 1.5' lower bearing on the headset. I believe the only differences between this and the Dogma 2 are the carbon going from a 60HM to a 65HM, one frame now doing both mech and Di/EPS groupsets, battery mount under the bottom bracket and going from a threaded to a press-fit BB... apart from the obvious changes to colour. Expected availabiliy to public is November this year. Price is going to be potentially cheaper.

What I heard is that the frame should drop 150g in weight too. Seems like a nice one but a bit hard to sell a Dogma2 now.

petromyzon

by petromyzon

Are they going to have a cheaper one that they admit is made in the far east and a more expensive one that they pretend isn't?

Will the new model be less ugly and less functionally inferior to state of the art bikes from other manufacturers?

The world awaits.....

Stats

by Stats

Discoverspeed wrote:With the price drop and higher modulus carbon, wouldn't:
a. existing Dogma2 buyers feel a bit short-changed
b. we be expecting a new top-end model priced on top of Dogma 65.1 Think2? Prince?

A. Yes
B. Yes but not this year. And I think the new model will replace the Dogma as the top of the line bike unless they do a similar thing as they did with the prince and still have it for a while.

Stats

by Stats

petromyzon wrote:Are they going to have a cheaper one that they admit is made in the far east and a more expensive one that they pretend isn't?

Will the new model be less ugly and less functionally inferior to state of the art bikes from other manufacturers?

The world awaits.....

I'm not sure the 'world awaits' - it's not a hidden fact and is actually widely known, if not common knowledge that the bikes aren't manufactured in Italy but just designed and finished there. Less ugly is a bit subjective, I quite like the shape of the current dogma 2 and this line. I'll admit I never liked the sparkle but the current colour and shape is nice imo. I'm not sure what constitutes state of the art either but all I know his I've rid den a lot of bikes that other manufacturers market as their top of the line model and they didn't ride or handle nearly as well.

uncle-gee

by uncle-gee

I just hope they come with one with straight fork and seat stays, that doesn't look like some fatty sat on it.

alibongo

by alibongo

The new dogma is lighter, I have to build it up yet. But I am racing this Sunday so will try to build it tomorrow!
Follow me on twitter:- MrAliBongo

crewman

by crewman

Since my bike is built up I thought I would post a Picture. This bike was used at the Pinarello Gran Fondo in July. It is one of the bikes that was ridden by the VIP group. bought the bike from a friend as he was not happy with the colours. I am presently using a Quarq Cinqo on my 60.1 Dogma (10 speed) but do not know if I can just swap it over to the 11 speed EPS.
Weight on my none certified scale shows 7.1kg as it sits in the picture. Its .5kg lighter than my 60.1 build.
Attachments
Dogma 65.1.jpg
"It's all about the Tempo"

cccyco

by cccyco

it's a very high end frame, but I guess dogma series is made in china mainland :noidea:

dogma2 sells list price HKD46800(usually a 15% discount), dogma65.1 is HKD43800

mr.thi03

by mr.thi03

crewman wrote:Since my bike is built up I thought I would post a Picture. This bike was used at the Pinarello Gran Fondo in July. It is one of the bikes that was ridden by the VIP group. bought the bike from a friend as he was not happy with the colours. I am presently using a Quarq Cinqo on my 60.1 Dogma (10 speed) but do not know if I can just swap it over to the 11 speed EPS.
Weight on my none certified scale shows 7.1kg as it sits in the picture. Its .5kg lighter than my 60.1 build.

Since you have both 60.1 & 65.1.
Would love a review comparison piece. :thumbup:
Nice to have weight differences as well as ride.

Thanks in advance.

mr.thi03

alibongo

by alibongo

Raced mine on Sunday. It's a bit lighter. I'm impressed!

Follow me on twitter:- MrAliBongo

Horacio

by Horacio

Alibongo-
Is that just a tube under your saddle or a low profile bag? Its hard to make out in the pic.
Really nice bike!

NS

by NS

Alibongo is that the same as the bikes used by sky riders in the Olympic RR?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RM27

by RM27

Alibongo can you post a picture from the other side? I was looking at that color on the Pinarello site and was having a hard time seeing the actual colors. Looks very nice. Thanks.