2013 Cervelo

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

theloper

by theloper

So now that Cervelo is cut down the S5 line to 2 models.....have they done away with the base model or the S5 TEAM? Is the "13" S5 last years base model or team model??

artray

by artray

I think Cervelo have lost there way . Graphics look cheap and all the bikes look awful with the long head tubes . I much prefer the look of the old R3sl and Solo etc . Unless you get a small size the frames just don't look balanced. Cervelos used to look really classy what the fu%k has happened? someone likes playing with his decals , yuuuuuukkkkk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djconnel

by djconnel

I have the opposite view. Seems a setback post just adds weight compensating for wrong STA. If you need it because even a shallow seat tube doesn't work, fine, but that's not true for me.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

SSB

by SSB

theloper wrote:So now that Cervelo is cut down the S5 line to 2 models.....have they done away with the base model or the S5 TEAM? Is the "13" S5 last years base model or team model??

As I understand it, the only difference between the base and Team S5 was the paint which made up the difference in frame weight, so the base carbon frame is going to remain the same in all likelihood. The Team also has a slightly lighter fork, but both bikes were essentially the same in 2012. (Nice $800 cash grab too!)
Flickr
2012 Cannondale CAAD10

DCote

by DCote

To be entirely honest these paint jobs aren't that bad. It's just like the start of every new season when the pros' new kits look like ass then we get used to them and eventually begin to think that they're the best ever! The only thing that this post makes me unhapy about is buying my S5 this spring with the original S5 paint job.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I like simpler paint scheemes with small logo's. However paint can be changed and a bad paint job would not put me off buying a the bike if the frame was perfect for me. However before sitting on a bike with the saddle to bar drop pictured I might have to a bit of stretching.

Frans

by Frans

I was just sick in my own mouth

JWolf

by JWolf

Jjust pulled up Conago and I don't see much new there either - just different paint schemes. Maybe we are expecting too much from these guys.

I actually don't love it when I buy something - and the following year there is something better or newer out from the same brand. I kinda like when they keep there models current for a few years.

Robitaille20

by Robitaille20

The most ugliest Cervelos I have ever seen. :roll:

coppercook62

by coppercook62

Robitaille20 wrote:The most ugliest Cervelos I have ever seen. :roll:

I agree

njleach

by njleach

does anyone know the weight of the r5ca build with the ax lightness wheels?

JWolf

by JWolf

Depends on everything else. Built with ultra-light off the shelf components. Probably about 12-13lbs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Roel W

by Roel W

Disapointing & ugly.

HarryS

by HarryS

The silver R3 is a nice change from the black frame trend, but its spoiled by the tacky typeface and red accents. Could have really worked well with some black logos that took longer than an hour to design.

Excuse the quick photoshop work but here it is without the red R3 logos.

silverr3 by Harry Shaud, on Flickr

Robitaille20

by Robitaille20

This paintjob makes it not better too. The BBright Bottom Bracket is also trash. Used mine R3 only for 7000 Kilometer with an 46/24 Rotor Bottom Bracket and the rotating outer ring rubs the carbon hole of the frame on the drive site 0,2 mm bigger.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com