Canyon Ultimate AL EVO - 6860g (lightened!)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

53x12

by 53x12

Vakker sykkel! If I had access to Canyon in the US, I would have that same frame next to my CAAD. Beautiful. Let us know how it rides when you get some good km's on it.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

huddini

by huddini

Nice bike! How tall are u? Must be like 6"3..... 191cm....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

Seriously, it's the most disappointing thing that they don't sell these here. I would be riding one right now

fadr

by fadr

very cool machine...

istigatrice

by istigatrice

wow, that is one sweet ride :thumbup:
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

oldroadie

by oldroadie

Hi,

Lovely bike! So lovely I have just bought a Canyon Ultimate AL frameset myself - it's in the post as I write. I'm a bit unsure about how to set up the internal cables for the front and read derailleurs. Did you run cable housing right down to where the cables exit in the bottom bracket - or did you cut the cable housing so that only a little bit went into the frame and the bare cables ran down to the exit?

djm

by djm

oldroadie wrote:Hi,

Lovely bike! So lovely I have just bought a Canyon Ultimate AL frameset myself - it's in the post as I write. I'm a bit unsure about how to set up the internal cables for the front and read derailleurs. Did you run cable housing right down to where the cables exit in the bottom bracket - or did you cut the cable housing so that only a little bit went into the frame and the bare cables ran down to the exit?

No housings of any kind inside the frame - only the cable itself runs through the frame. However I used the "liners"/plastic tubes that were already fed through the frame to pull the cables through the frame - all in all very painless and easy. I've kept the liners/plastic tubes for later when I have to change a cable and I can use them again. I set it up with Jagwire cables and housings and they've performed perfectly so far.

djm

by djm

Replaced the 7800 crankset with a 7900.

djm

by djm

Updates: DA7900 crankset, Bar Fly by Abovecategorycycling, Veloflex Carbon tubulars, removed decals from Mavic CCUs. No weight yet, I'll wait for it to dry after a proper cleaning ;-)

And I forgot; Mavic's titanium freehub body - real weenie part there!

Now I just need to replace the 105 cassette with something slightly lighter! ;-)
Last edited by djm on Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mrfish

by mrfish

That's really nice, and it's now built up almost exactly how I have my Z5 SL. Given the size (mine is 54) and price difference for the frame I'm very impressed.

tarz

by tarz

Just a question about when you received the frame, was the steerer tube cut?
How much extra steerer was there for adjustment?

Cheers

mattyb95

by mattyb95

My Ultimate CF came pre cut and I think Canyon allow 15mm of adjustment on the Ultimate framesets, one 10mm and one 5mm spacer. It may be that if you had a specific requirement for more height you could contact Canyon and see if they can cut the fork less.

majklnajt

by majklnajt

djm, weight of the bike?

djm

by djm

Not sure! :-)

..and I just remounted my SRM which came back from service.. adds a couple of hundred grams I guess. And it's back on my training wheels. No races to use the CCUs in this weekend.

tarz: mattyb95 is on the money. You can always ask Canyon, but I don't think they will be able to give you a longer steerer tube, but who knows.

mrfish: Thanks! :-)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Willier

by Willier

Which do you ride more: this or aeroad ete? How do you compare rides?