Hey hey, returning to carbon.... 695SR finally lands.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

true

by true

Hey everyone, short intro.... but yeah, have found WW to be a goldmine of information and a truckload of kicka55 bikes. Absolute eye candy browsing this forum!

Returning to carbon once again after a couple of steel beauties (Master and Sportif Racer) and looking forward to building my 695SR so thought it be fitting to finally join up and have something worthwhile to post up. Been in and out of forums, here and there, but working and actually riding has taken over somewhat.

With the frame being interstate, just tossing up between taking a long drive or getting it posted, either way, the pics will be up and the build underway the moment the frame is in hand :)

Cheers!
Last edited by true on Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shoopdawoop

by shoopdawoop

:welcome:
Got any pictures of your old steel? Will settle for some pics of your new Look as well! Sure it will add to the candy of the forum! :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

true

by true

Cheers mate :)

Not exactly "old" steel... but here goes, I'll trickle these through as time permits. Frame first, then the build and the final product later if that is ok.

My American.

My Italian.

Mods, let me know if the pics are too big, I'll resize.

CaptainP

by CaptainP

No full builds?

true

by true

A few more of the Amercian being put together.

Coming together nicely.

true

by true

The Cielo came in THE BEST packaging I've ever seen any bike company do. Super impressed.

The photos don't do the black justice. There is a speckle in the paint that I've tried to capture but not being a pro photographer I can get that "pop" to show in any photo. I'll try and take some shots in actual sunlight instead of the flash, gotta see how that goes.

wasabi1

by wasabi1

Love the Cielo! First one I have seen on here.

Why no Chris King hubs?

What are you putting on the master. Please say campagnolo.

true

by true

wasabi1 wrote:Love the Cielo! First one I have seen on here.

Why no Chris King hubs?

What are you putting on the master. Please say campagnolo.

Thanks man, I waited just over 6months for the Cielo.... BUT I made a massive mistake in order the frame abit too big. Totally regret it. Kick myself each time I get on it.

I got another set with CK's, on my SS. They definitely rock the CK hubs.

Master. This is the reason why I'm hesitant to post the complete build. My Italian is draped completely in Amercian dressing, I'd be flamed right on out here I'm sure.

caballero

by caballero

post up the master ! Im building one up at the moment with 7900 and what not. not an italian piece in the build, but I ride what I like !

true

by true

caballero wrote:post up the master ! Im building one up at the moment with 7900 and what not. not an italian piece in the build, but I ride what I like !

As requested and flamesuit up....

My Italian. Removed.

My French bike. Arrived today, gave it a quick wipe down and took some photos. Absolutely adore it. I dunno about anyone but building bikes is just as enjoyable as riding them. A beer or wine in one hand, tools and parts in the other. Long process but such a rewardable process when you get to the end.

Shopping for some new chain rings to replace the OEM ones, any 695 owners out there with suggestions and recommendations? Anything else anyone can recommend regarding the build will greatly appreciated :)

The thought of chopping this scares me already....

Carbon weave is pretty nice.

Still got heaps to do, measure my previous bikes up, get the dimensions and work it all out on the 695. I'll post up some pics as the build comes along.
Last edited by true on Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Loving the 'nago! Toned down kit that makes the frame stand out -- perfect.
Shimano on Colnago is totally fine if you ask me, allegedly Ernesto was the first Italian maker who put Shimano on top-end bikes.

Tumppi

by Tumppi

Shopping for some new chain rings to replace the OEM ones, any 695 owners out there with suggestions and recommendations?

Me and our team use Stronglight CT2 10/11s chainrings and we have been very pleased for these. These are light (of course because we are weightweenies) and looking good (because we are also fashionweenies).

You can see how they look on LOOK from my signature link. :thumbup:

kgt

by kgt

Colnago build is a total fail IMHO.
You can put sram red grouposet and enve wheels on the Look. The master needs better care.

ross

by ross

^^ Why don't you tell him what you really think? :lol: I have seen far worse but still.

Anyway welcome to the site, LOOKing forward to seeing the 695 built up. Did you see what i did thar?

true

by true

Thanks Tumppi (will check em out), cheers Ross :)

Its all good, I knew I'd get guys not liking my build but hey... we're all riders and love riding our bikes. What works for some won't work for others, I'll take the photo down soon enough.

Back to the 695, pleasantly surprised at the little bits and pieces you get with it. Do you normally get the pedals as well? I run Speedplays and now need to offload somehow.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com