About time

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Sleg8

by Sleg8

Hi All,

I've been on this forum for a little while and drooled over all your bikes. I haven't put my bike up on here to date as I didnt feel that it qualified for WW status. However, I decided to build up my old Klein frame from a few years ago with the bits off my Look KG381 Team (Definitely not a WW, but one sweet ride.) Just swapping the frames saved me 329gms!!

I do all my training on this bike and have to race on it as well. Parts are selected by weight and durability.

Specs are:

FRame: Klein Q Pro Carbon Team (use Time carbon rear end, later models went to Bontrager)
Fork: Klein Carbon (Trek)
Handlebar: Newton OS Shallow
Stem: Newton OS 86 130
Ergo: Record 10 Ultra
Cables: Campy
FD: Record
RD: Record
BB: FSA Platinum pro ISIS (looking for suggestions)
Crank: Stronglight Pulsion 175
Chainring: Stronglight (was using TA, but snapped a tooth in half on the 53)
Saddle: SSM Era Pro (have tried lighter, but cant do long rides on them)
Wheels: Ksyrium SL2
Skewers: Mavic (tune AC14 on the way - somwhere between here and GER)
Tyres: Conti Force & Attack (use Supersonics for racing - saves 100gms)
Bidon cage: Generic carbon
Brakes: Zero Gravity 05
Pedals: Keywin Ti
Cassette: Mavic (very bad. Campy one coming)

Guess the weight.... 7.3kg. It's 7.2kg with the Supersonics on and will be 7.1kg when I put the new Tune skewers and Tune bidon cages on.

Next upgrade... Wheels.
But I cant decide. I'm thinking about Tune Mig/Mag and either Crono F20's, Zipp 250's or 285's 28h front and rear. Any suggestions are welcome.

BTW - This bike felt like a pig when I had an Al USE Alien in it, but now that I've built it up again with the EC90, feels fantastic. I guess the EC90 has a fair bit of give in it.

OK, there it is. Now I want to make it UCI illegal.. :)
Attachments
IMGP0710.jpg
IMGP0708.jpg
IMGP0707.jpg
IMGP0705.jpg
"All I ask is the heavens above and the road below"

Stoeperd

by Stoeperd

Nice bike!!! You have won 329 gram by switching the frame, so what is the weight of the Klein frame? And cut the steerer tube and you will save a few more grams.
The bike isn't the problem

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Sleg8

by Sleg8

Stoeperd wrote: And cut the steerer tube and you will save a few more grams.

:) It cracks me too! Just making sure thqt position has been transferred correctly. Then it's getting chopped. It's one of my pet hates too :?

The Look 381 Team (size 55 = 57TT) was 1521gms and the Klein Q Pro Carbon Team is 1192 (size 56 = 57.2TT).
"All I ask is the heavens above and the road below"

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

Lovely Bike. I love Kleins, and have thought about buying a Klein road bike (it goes against my European riding a European brand road bike with European parts) but I find them beautiful. I ride an Attitude as my MTB race bike, and it is so fast. Some day I may post pictures of that too.