Light Clip-On Bars for 3T Ergonova Bars.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

CerveloBert

by CerveloBert

I was wondering if anybody knew or can recommend decent clip on bars that would fit the 3T Ergonova top shape. I'm sure those who are aware of the shape know that it's flat and has a crescent shape. Lightweight is a concern, but not as much as something that would fit.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

madmole

by madmole

Any Profile Design or 3T's will fit, On the erganovas the tube either side of the stem is still round, doesnt flatten till a couple of inches away. Be aware only the Pro and Team take clip ons the ultralight carbon ones will not as they dont have the reinforcement needed
Cervelo S3 2011. Blinged 6.718 Kg

CerveloBert

by CerveloBert

Thanks. Any idea on how to lighten the armrests and the mounting brackets? Those munting brackets outweigh the barsat full length by 3 times.

Edit: I currently have the profile design t2 cobras.

MajorMantra

by MajorMantra

As madmole says, the bars are round either side of the stem so any standard clip-ons will fit.

audiojan

by audiojan

CerveloBert wrote:Thanks. Any idea on how to lighten the armrests and the mounting brackets? Those munting brackets outweigh the barsat full length by 3 times.

Edit: I currently have the profile design t2 cobras.

Get yourself a pair of Vision Tech Mini TT and just mount them without them elbow pads. Just rest your forearms on the flat tops of the Ergonova's. Works just fine and saves weight.
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

lancejohnson

by lancejohnson

My top pick would be the bars coming from Zipp some time where the aerobars attach directly to the faceplate of the stem, the other option for me would be the HED clip-lite. I have issues with Profile for their quality and the way they do business - though I know they are a popular option. The Vision mini bars are a tank for the amount of aerobar you get...

"Organization is for the simple-minded, the Genius controls the chaos." - Jens

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

If you go profile, go with the t2mag. Lighter than the others, clamping hardware is lighter and less bulky as the bar clamp tightening torque also tightens the extensions. Extensions are also inline with the clamps as opposed to offset. Carbon pad bases, firmer and not prone to snapping.

CerveloBert

by CerveloBert

Thanks for the tips all. It really is tough to find a decent clip-on set, but I'll look through the suggestions that have been offered up. Nobody is aware of any tuning kits for the T2 Cobra? I've seen a post a long time ago on this forum but search has not been able to yield a good result.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

ControlTech Aero Cockpit (Carbon) would be the lightest, and ITU legal (if that matters to you).
Everything else is just an anchor.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.