SRM PC7 dead buttons ..

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Anyone ever have their pc7 head unit's buttons die? Head unit still works perfect otherwise .. just not my three keys ...
Just ride ..

sungod

by sungod

haven't had the problem, is it under warranty still? if not i'd open it up and see if there's a loose connector

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DartanianX

by DartanianX

Yeah, I've had this happen once before after a ride in the rain! Took it back to SRM Oceania and they replaced the keypad for me and I was back on my way! *was under warranty at the time.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

If you are in the USA PHONE SRM and ask them... do NOT email them... Ive sent countless emails that never get answered, but when you call them you get an answer right away.... you'll probably need to send it back for servicing...

Geoff

by Geoff

I have found that the PC7 keypad does not react well to aggressive prodding. Sometimes the tactile domes seem to 'stick'. I have had it happen before, too. They seem to 'snap' back, though. Try gently running your fingers around the pads and over them to get them to 'pop' back.

Ypsylon

by Ypsylon

Have you tried connecting it to the PC and in SRMwin under "setup of powercontrol"->"special"->"unlock keyboard"?
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.

cavendishisfat

by cavendishisfat

Ypsylon wrote:Have you tried connecting it to the PC and in SRMwin under "setup of powercontrol"->"special"->"unlock keyboard"?

Im having similar issue, rode with my pc7 in the rain and the mode button stopped working the next day. I cant find that "unlock keyboard" button in the SRMwin. And SRM do talk about that also on their site but it just doesn't exist. Only thing I can find is "reset powercontrol"

Has others found it? Or is it for older powercontrols?

Cyppen

by Cyppen

please sent me a private message i think i can help you

Ypsylon

by Ypsylon

Hi, I just checked, an the "unlock keyboard" button is there for me. I don't have a power control to connect right now, so I can only see the menu for the PC V, maybe that's it.

I click on the icon that shows a red power control with the tool tip "setup of powercontrol", then a window pops up and if I click "special..." yet another window pops up that has a bunch of buttons on the right hand side. From top to bottom I've got "OK" "Abort" "Hilfe" "SRM defaults" "Reset Powercontrol" "Reset Battery" "Unlock Keyboard".
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.

Cyppen

by Cyppen

I can show you how to maybe fix it..,. Otherwise a have a new front you can get for free..

cavendishisfat

by cavendishisfat

Thx but I think I'll just stick it out with broken mode button until PC8 comes out. I think that "unlock keyboard" is only for PC V or something..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com