power2max.de

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

pagey

by pagey

Used mine for 8 months now and happy with it - I was hoping it was reading low but no such luck just crap power output from the rider

Pagey

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tomb8555

by tomb8555

I have one arriving next week. Very excited - first time training with power.

Was a bit concerned regarding the reported drift, but hopefully freewheeling from time to time will prevent this becoming an issue.

Voye

by Voye

I have 2. One standard and one compact on 3D cranks and they work great. Outstanding customer service as well. www.Power2max.ca

Krull

by Krull

i am using mine the second year, in general no problems.
infrequently (maybe once or twice a month), its showing wrong, usually to small, numbers for several minutes. the reason may be found in something like atmospheric disturbances.

aerozy

by aerozy

I have had mine for 6 months and so far so good. Tracks nicely with my powertap and quarq! As a plus they have been great to communicate with as well!
Factor O2 Rim / Winspace 1500 Disk / Yoeleo R6 Rim / Cervelo S2 Rim

djconnel

by djconnel

Very nice review by DC Rainmaker. Huge accuracy issue, lack of real-time temperature compensation, was fixed in September 2012 and he promoted it from a 7/10 (rated low for poor accuracy) to 9/10. If you care about accuracy, and you ride outdoors, you should definitely pay for the upgrade. Comparison to PowerTap now looks very solid.

It's been the heaviest of the 3 major spider-based systems (Quarq, SRM, Power2Max) but then it's also the cheapest.

Tillquist

by Tillquist

djconnel wrote:Very nice review by DC Rainmaker. Huge accuracy issue, lack of real-time temperature compensation, was fixed in September 2012 and he promoted it from a 7/10 (rated low for poor accuracy) to 9/10. If you care about accuracy, and you ride outdoors, you should definitely pay for the upgrade. Comparison to PowerTap now looks very solid.

It's been the heaviest of the 3 major spider-based systems (Quarq, SRM, Power2Max) but then it's also the cheapest.

+1
See all my bike h e r e

tomb8555

by tomb8555

So presumably it's worthwhile sending my Power2Max in for the temperature compensation upgrade?
I've not really had much issue with drift (even indoors on the trainer).

The only time it's been a real problem was in the alps. (temperature fluctuations between valley/col etc and no freewheeling)

aerozy

by aerozy

I store my power2max bike indoors which is usually around 18C and have trained with it outside in -10C and have not noticed much temperature drift either. Im pretty sure its been in the -+5W range of where it should it be. Im not too bothered with accuracy in the winter anyways as my efforts are not so focused. If its very cold I try to do a recalibration after 20mins just to get it spot on.

Funny enough I have had far more temperature drift issues with my quarq S975. Not to mention having to send it back for repair twice in 4 months. While my power2max has been hassle free all the way.
Factor O2 Rim / Winspace 1500 Disk / Yoeleo R6 Rim / Cervelo S2 Rim