IndiFab SSR and Factory Lightweight

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Looking at these as options for my next bike. Does anybody have these and have builds/ride impressions they can share? Tried the search function already and didn't come up with much. Cheers!

EDIT: Looking at the steel Factory Lightweight....not Ti

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

You would be well served to include links, rather than just a nickname for the company.
http://www.ifbikes.com/OurBikes/Road/SS ... l_Road%29/
http://www.ifbikes.com/OurBikes/Road/Fa ... ghtweight/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rustychain

by rustychain

I have been riding my IF SSR for almost 4 years now. It is built with 953 Reynolds steel. They now use Culumbus steel I believe. Bottom line is it is the best frame I have ever used. Besides its ride quality, handling, and super clean welds and paint, it is durable. I have been removed twice on body board as a result of crashes and the frame has never even been scratched. As it is custom built you can choose any ride qualities you want. Mine is built up with the Enve fork as well as Enve handle bars, stem and wheels with Super Record. Complete bike is 6.8K plus or minus a few grams dependent on tire selection. I think IF is as good as any frame builder. They even delivered my frame on time! This bike is not for flash. Most cyclist want whats in the latest bike mag. If your into understated quality, built to your needs and not the "look at me" in your face mass produced style then go for it
WW Velocipedist Gargantuan

ticou

by ticou

Were singing from the same hymn sheet there Rusty; mah steel has 1400MpA, yours 2200MpA, I've got Chorus, you've got SR. I'm a bimbler, you race.

We've both made the right choice. British Steel ain't just a Judas Priest album.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Rusty and Ticou,

Love to see photos of your machines if possible. Love the look of the SSR on the website.....real modern steel.

ticou

by ticou

Love to, but I don't have a digital camera. It's white, with a sloping top tube, chunky stay's with butted drop out's, deda o/size stem and semi ovalised Deda 100 h/bars, all tubes o/sized with a semi upside down v top tube, large gap between down and top tube where they meet at the head tube;jig fitted, near top of the range deda carbon forks, a thompson elite seat post, and a white turbo saddle. I've got SR cult jockey wheels, and currently running ksyrium elite wheels, though may upgrade soon.

It never loses it's lustre, is perfect for crappy roads and it runs all day. If I wanted the same in carbon, i'd be looking at at least double the price, and i doubt it would still be around.

fa63

by fa63

Here are a couple I had saved on my blog:

IF SSR:

IF Factory Lightweight:

Also, you will probably get a lot more feedback on the Velocipede Salon forum, as there seem to be quite a few folks on there with IF bikes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jsinclair

by jsinclair

Without trying to start an "Indyfab selling out" argument, you could also look at firefly bicycles seeing as though they are the original indy fab guys. the SSR that i saw after the indyfab firefly split wasnt anywhere near as nice as the older versions. the firefly stainless bikes on the other hand are exquisite.