Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

xc71

by xc71

Really have enjoyed following this thread & your work - amazing Jure :beerchug:
Should you end up offering carbon bolts, just thought I'd show some bolt tuning info for others seeing as how I have the scale for this.
All bolts are M5 X 20mm.
Steel
Ti
Aluminium
Schmolke carbon
Nylon
Attachments
IMG_0370_1.JPG
IMG_0372_1.JPG
IMG_0373_1.JPG
IMG_0376_1.JPG
IMG_0377_1.JPG

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks!

Really interesting, thanks :beerchug:
It will take some more days (or even weeks) before I'll have some more informations about those carbon bolts..here is just one photo from some bolts that they produce:

Otherwise I'm quite busy this week so unfortunately don't have any photos from the PT5 project yet, but as soon as I make some progress I'll keep you updated.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Something new: a stubby-combo for Time RXRS

MrIzoard

by MrIzoard

It looks like a masterpiece, very nice!!!

//Ulf L.

Stockie

by Stockie

Could it be possible to make carbon bar plugs? (like those that schmolke offers)
or some rear derailleur plates?
I Will make the leap

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

@MrIzoard
Thanks!!

@Stockie
It would be for sure possible, already wanted to start with it (bar plugs) but somehow didn't found the time for it.
For derailleur plates it wouldn't be a problem to make them if I would have a CNC machine.

Otherwise I'm quite busy these days and also travel a bit with my girlfriend, so it may take a few more days before I'll have some updates from my frame project, but I'll for sure keep you updated. Somehow I'm not in rush for that project and spend most of my free time on my bike :thumbup:

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Just two more photos from my bike at this moment.

Made almost 8000 km with it without any problem :thumbup:
Also get some nice Lightweight Standard III for a few months, and as on the photo it's a bit less than 6.2 kg. With my combo it's <6kg, but I borrowed it to a friend of mine and don't have it at this moment (he's racing with it in the U19 category).

Anyway, I'll have to make a 27.2mm combo for my PROTO-TYPE 5 frame, that's in process, should have some photos soon,...

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Berk wrote:Something new: a stubby-combo for Time RXRS

Which saddle shape is this based on?

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

It's a saddle shape that is very similar to AX Phoenix or Tune Concorde.

Otherwise I already started with the PT5 frame project, some tubes are already made. As you can see the ends of the tubes aren't "smooth" - it's for the joints. The reinforcements will bond better without any further work on the surface. The surface in the moulds is already "rough", and the rough tube is prepared for gluing just after I shape the edges..sorry for that crappy photo!

Also some special parts are in process that you'll be able to see also on Eurobike ;)

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Here is a seatpost that I just finished.

With some lightwer hardware it could be even lighter. With the FRM parts it's 116g.

31.6 x 250mm

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Two combos for Eurobike in process, still quite a lot of work to do..

You'll be able to see them in the hall A2 / 205

There will be the guys from A2J Technical Artisans and it will be on their bike :thumbup:

I'll be glad if you'll have a look :thumbup:

I'll be there only as a visitor, most probably only on Wednesday and Thurstday, so if anywho would like to talk with me in real just let me know.
Anyway, just to let you know that you can see the combos also in real life.

After Eurobike I'll official start with my own small company. It's an important decision for me, but I think it's the right decision to start with it.. I'll move to a bigger workshop, most of the papers to start a company are already prepared so it's only a question of time when I'll start with it (hope that in less than one month), anyway, I'll let you know as soon as I'll have some news :beerchug:

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Berk wrote:After Eurobike I'll official start with my own small company. It's an important decision for me, but I think it's the right decision to start with it.. I'll move to a bigger workshop, most of the papers to start a company are already prepared so it's only a question of time when I'll start with it (hope that in less than one month), anyway, I'll let you know as soon as I'll have some news :beerchug:

That my friend is awesome news! Well done on getting that far. If you ever make a combo in the future for a BMC SLR I'd start saving my cents. But I look forward to what other stuff you start producing.

Well done Jure! :beerchug:

BmanX

by BmanX

Send him the post and have him attach a saddle to it.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

BmanX wrote:Send him the post and have him attach a saddle to it.

One day :D I'd have to ride my spare bike whilst it's being made up, only got one seatpost. That's how you did it though eh?

BmanX

by BmanX

Well I did it a bit different as I bought a used post and sent that. Worked out well.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com