Incoming Crumpton SL

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

LionelB

by LionelB

Here is a few iPhone pics of my SL from Nick's shop. Should be in my hands in a couple of weeks. I am waiting for the after paint weight details, it was 885g before paint and cable stops.

spytech

by spytech

Great looking bike you got coming to you. love how the bike is tube to tube, but the joints look so clean. is it internal cabling? how about the dropouts - single piece molded and bonded or bolted?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LionelB

by LionelB

Cabling will be external (cable stops are not mounted yet) and the group will be good old SR11 with no damn battery :lol:

ScuderiaDouroux

by ScuderiaDouroux

Is it just me, or does the bottom bracket area of this frame look really lean (not very reinforced)?

Let us know how stiff it feels when sprinting after the bike is built.
Long live the horizontal top tube, standard crankset, and Italian threaded bottom bracket.

jmilliron

by jmilliron

Yes. I like this paint scheme a lot.

The BB area looks fine to me. I think going by the size of the BB area as an indication of stiffness is a big over simplification.
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

ScuderiaDouroux

by ScuderiaDouroux

Of course it is. However, considering the fact that I will never ride one of these frames, I had to at least ask.

"If it looks like a duck..."
Long live the horizontal top tube, standard crankset, and Italian threaded bottom bracket.

spytech

by spytech

ScuderiaDouroux wrote:Is it just me, or does the bottom bracket area of this frame look really lean (not very reinforced)?

That BB is the work of a pro!!! look at a spin or biber frame, you will also not see a bulky BB area and they will build it the same way for guys that are strong sprinters. i dont know if you can sprint like erik zabel but he had no problems with the spin he used in the olympics or part of his career disguised as a colnago.

sorry to post pic of another frame. i think the crumpton frames, just get better and better. i just wish he would stop doing the bolted dropouts, it may make no difference (performance wise), but we are beyond that when your doing a custom frame and aesthetically its huge for me. i just prefer bonding the carbon seat/chain stays to a carbon dropout.

pierre-san

by pierre-san

Congratulations! Great looking frame...What else would you expect! I'll look forward to seeing the final build.

Regarding BB stiffness, you wont have to worry about flex. Nick knows what he is doing. Bigger isn't alaways better!

Cheers,

Pete

LionelB

by LionelB

The last thing I am worried about is BB stiffness !

Mario Jr.

by Mario Jr.

ScuderiaDouroux wrote:Is it just me, or does the bottom bracket area of this frame look really lean (not very reinforced)?

Again, the BB itself NEVER flexes! It's the tubes that hold it that does. So in this case the chain stays, seat tube and especially the down tube. These three are subjected to torsional and bending forces when the bike is ridden. Not the BB itself. Same with the head tube.

I love the bike!

Roobay

by Roobay

always loved nicks work i may have to invest one day
get the thing built i need to see it done :up:
i like people... i just can't stand assholes

andy2
in the industry

by andy2

Great Bike!

Mario Jr - WORD!
Last edited by andy2 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rolobikes

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Tasty! :twisted:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

nicrump

by nicrump

the wrap is tapered and is over .080" thick at its thickets point. 16 plys of IM 118GSM material there. but as others suggested, it is the tubes that flex, not the joint.

i like the taper and its ability to distribute a heavy load as opposed to dropping off and creating a composite variation of the dreaded "stress riser". and it looks nice ;-)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com