london live MTB coverage?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

devinci

by devinci

Looks like Canada's olympics coverage sucks ballz, showing short segments of multiple sports.

Anybody knows where I can watch the MTb race, live, from start to finish, on the net?

thanks

artray

by artray

Hey devinci, If you can log on to the BBC i player you will be able to watch it live start to finish .

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

campbellrae

by campbellrae

I think you can only watch the iplayer if you are in the uk, I certainly couldn't when I was in Australia! How about one of the links from cyclingfans.com or steephill?

devinci

by devinci

humm I thought cyclingfans and steephill were only road and CX related.

I will give it a try.

would like any other suggestion if you have some

thanks

lordconqueror

by lordconqueror

I saw a article about this issue that someone posted on Facebook, and it sounds like alot of people are using a program that changes the IP location of your computer to the UK so you can then stream from the BBC website, and I know of at least a couple of real life people who are doing it successfully. The name of the program/service escapes me though, but I think it costs like $6 a month. Hope that helps!

jmilliron

by jmilliron

TunnelBear is one.
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

nspace

by nspace

Damn, I was worried about this. I saw the schedule for CTV and thought, I bet they are going to flip between sports. Looks like I am also going to be looking for a better place to watch to root on Emily and the rest of the canucks

brintapap

by brintapap

If all else fails, you could try the dutch coverage http://www.nos.nl/os2012/

devinci

by devinci

Keep the suggestions coming guys. Dutch, french, english, spanish I dont mind the language I only want to watch the race and see Nino win... Lolz

Epic-o

by Epic-o

http://www.rtve.es/londres-2012/programacion/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you can get a spanish IP, you can follow all the sports there

debock.robby

by debock.robby

http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/london20 ... eo_id=1303

In the playlist tab, select the sport you like, then select the category or day of the event you want to watch in the tab 'playlist video'.
"It's always your legs that count, but WW bikes make strong legs last longer!"

nspace

by nspace

Too bad about Batty's injuries before the race :(

Entertainment value of that course...:

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

I watched the race too. I know nothing about Mtb racing so my question is a newb one - but was that the fault of the course, or the contestants?
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

nspace

by nspace

I am going to say the course played a big role. Way too much double track and the course looked way to groomed and man made (I know it was man made). Not my cup of tea. If you took a couple of the very short rocky sections it could have been a cross race!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

campbellrae

by campbellrae

I would be tempted to say both had an effect, but mainly the course. It looked good from a non-riders point of view(my GF thought it looked cool) but I don't think it was difficult enough. The fact that nearly all of the women were taking the A-lines suggests that they are not difficult enough, if you look at a lot of the World Cup courses a lot of them are taking B-lines so the good technical riders(like Annie Last) were unable to recover their losses from the climbs. To be fair to the course designers, a few of the top girls were missing/not on top form which didn't help. And Gunn Rita Dahle's bad luck with an early crash then punctures put another contender out of action.

I think the course designers did well with what they were given, but the venue choice could have been soooooo much better!