Pinarello Dogma 2

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Rich.H

by Rich.H

I know there is not too much love for the Dogma as a Weight Weenie but I had an itch that needed scratching and here is the result. Back from a Sportive in the Peak District (UK) today (100 miles, 3200m climbing) and I am delighted with the way it rides. A lot of the roads today were in a terrible condition but the Dogma seemed to smooth things out a little better than my C59 usually does. Descending on narrow, rough Peak District roads at up to 50 mph is never for the faint hearted but again, the Dogma tracked true and behaved itself really well under braking. I am really pleased with how it performed. After 18 months on my C59, I am going to give the Dogma a good chance to hang around long term but I do plan to end up with just the one bike..... :wink: Anyway, here she is;

Frame: Pinarello Dogma 2 Bianco 613 53cm
Forks: Pinarello Onda

Shifters: Super Record
Front Mech: Super Record
Rear Mech: Super Record
Crankset: Super Record Ti 50/34
Cassette: Super Record 12-27
Brake Calipers: Super Record
Chain: Campagnolo Record
Cables: Campagnolo

Wheels: Lightweight Standard Gen3
Tire: Vittoria Corsa Evo CX 23 Tubular

Bars: Deda Presa 42cm
Stem: 3T Arx Ltd 120mm
Bar Tape: Deda
Bottle Cages: Arundle Mandible

Saddle: Fizik Antares Braided Carbon
Seat Post: Pinarello
Seat Post Clamp: Pinarello

Pedals: Look Keo Carbon / Ti

Weight: 6.71kg (14.8lbs) as pictured

Cheers

Rich

KB

by KB

I'm not usually fussed on the 'Daliesque' tubes on the Pinarello's, but i like what you've done with this. It just looks right and has a nice flow to it. Well done.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bencolem

by bencolem

As always with you, a beautifully considered build - but the geo looks different to your C59. Smaller frame with more set-back, have you been elongating your femurs and contracting your upper body?

Rich.H

by Rich.H

bencolem wrote:As always with you, a beautifully considered build - but the geo looks different to your C59. Smaller frame with more set-back, have you been elongating your femurs and contracting your upper body?

Not exactly!

The setback is exactly the same as it is now on the C59 (my original build had an inline post but following a fit, I am now on the standard C59 post) and the reach is within a couple of mm (Dogma has slightly shorter TT but steeper STA).

Rich

Frankie13

by Frankie13

Rich, I'm riding a Dogma2 myself and would like to ask if you can tell us your measurements ( height, inseam)?
I like your bike a lot and the wheels look great on the Dogma. Have you ever thought about the Most Talon intregrated handlebar? I'm using it on my Dogma and the compact shape feels awesome. I was a little surprised to see you mixed the handlebar and stem brand and didn't use a Deda stem!
Still a beautiful looking bike, enjoy!
Frank

Rich.H

by Rich.H

Hi Frankie

I am 1.77m tall and have a cycling inseam of 82cm. My saddle height is just under 74cm.

I prefer the 3T stem for the -6 deg rise and like the shape of the Presa bars - it is a really stiff set up and I use the same on my other bike. I agree that having the same brand is preferable but fit and function work for me. As for the Most Talon, this is not practical for me as my son will occassionally use this bike but he runs a 110mm rather than a 120mm stem....

Rich

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

art bike :thumbup:
πατα τραβα ρε

kgt

by kgt

As good as it gets. Congrats!

philhul

by philhul

Really nice Rich, well done!! I've always like the Dogma, though mine would be in Movistar colours.

MortenJ

by MortenJ

Just asking as I am mounting my new Dogma2 (also the black/white edition); which of the "cablestops" that came with the frame did you insert in the right chainstay before inserting the casing leading to the rear derailleur?

mr.thi03

by mr.thi03

MortenJ wrote:Just asking as I am mounting my new Dogma2 (also the black/white edition); which of the "cablestops" that came with the frame did you insert in the right chainstay before inserting the casing leading to the rear derailleur?

First of all, congrats on a beautiful bike... :thumbup:

AS for the question above..I believe there are no cable insert for the chainstay.

Best,

T

Frankie13

by Frankie13

The frame should have come with three black plastic cable stops. Two for the downtube (shifter cables )
and the 3rd one for the chainstay.
This is how I have my Dogma2 set up.

Cheers,
Frankie

MortenJ

by MortenJ

Frankie13 wrote:The frame should have come with three black plastic cable stops. Two for the downtube (shifter cables )
and the 3rd one for the chainstay.
This is how I have my Dogma2 set up.

Cheers,
Frankie

Yes - and these three stops are identical?

I have also used a stop for the chainstay - however, I seems to more or less to disappear in the chainstay...

But the gears are changing well

Frankie13

by Frankie13

It's ok for the stop in the chain stay to disappear. Once your remove or change the cable it will come out.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

coloclimber

by coloclimber

perfect build. :thumbup:
-Deacon Doctor Colorado Slim