Anna Meares

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Sprinter

by Sprinter

If you're in Australia get your hands on the 5-page special I wrote on Anna Meares in today's Adelaide Magazine (in the Advertiser in Adelaide) pic.twitter.com/ycqA7lR6
I see British tabloid The Mirror has called Meares "the Broomstick" - I beg to differ. Here's the behind the scenes vid for the Adelaide Mag story http://video.adelaidenow.com.au/2248399 ... olden-Girl

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

She's an awesome rider, her battles with Pendleton over the years have been epic. I look forward to seeing them borh in action in a couple of weeks
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

legsrburnin

by legsrburnin

For me this battle will be the biggest rivalry of the games.... BRING IT ON!

Go Anna!
Lefty heaven

jasjas

by jasjas

round one (sort of :oops: ) to Pendleton :D

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

That final looked really odd for Meares. She looked so comfortable in the heats, and then when Vicky kicked in the final, Meares went backwards like she'd dropped anchor. I wonder if she's ill? :noidea:

Hope she makes the final with Vicky in the sprint. That's would be cool.
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

I'd say that's game-set-match Meares.

A fair relegation in race 1 followed by average tactics from Pendleton in race 2. Australia's Gold medal count has just increased by 50%!

nice work Anna!
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

artray

by artray

I love Anna , just awesome . Congrats To Vicky .So fast in the earlier rides just got a bit overcome with it all once she got DQ . Both great olympic champions .

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

Even as a hugely partisan fan of GB and Vicky, I'm happy for Anna that she has come away from this Olympics with a gold medal.
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

konky

by konky

Superbly strong and muscular performances by both these cycling babes. Like MattSoutherden I'm also British and a massive GB fan but well done Anna. In London they were equal rivals and deserved to end up with equal golds. Both riders are noble winners.

Antoine

by Antoine

I think Pendleton was faster but Meares used good tactic in both rounds, too bad Baugé hadn't done the same against Kenny...

In the first she touched or went very close to Pendleton thus having her to rebalance and change her line .

In the second she made her nerveous and Pendleton started her sprint too early.

konky

by konky

The thing is individual track sprint is all about tricking, intimidating and general rough stuff. Vicky knows this and she should have held her ground. I wanted Vicky to win but Anna got the better of her within the rules so deserved to win.

Straff

by Straff

Gordon, nice vid of Anna. Is your article available online? I'd love to read it.
----------------------------------------------
Opinions expressed herein are merely personal. Especially the words.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com