Tempe

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Thrillho

by Thrillho

I am visiting Tempe AZ next month. I'd like to ride, but not by myself. Anyone have the scoop on some mid-week group rides?
Speedvagen Road
Stoemper SSCX disc
Ira Ryan XCR DI2
Parlee TT
Moots Mooto-X RSL SS
Richard Sachs Cyclocross
Scott Spark 29er

woody55

by woody55

The only one I know about is Thursday nights, Tribe has one that starts in Scottsdale and runs thru Tempe. Must be others, I'll check around and post back what I find.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kevhogaz

by kevhogaz

The only ones I know of, are gonna be on the slow side. Plan on riding early, to beat the heat, and traffic. Once things get moving around here, it's every man for himself!

kulivontot

by kulivontot

There's a Friday ride at mill ave starbucks at 530 am. Check biketempe.org for more weekly rides.

micky

by micky

When I saw the title I thought it was about this Tempe. :lol:

KWalker

by KWalker

AZFixed.com has quite a few rides listed that actually aren't fixed. The Monday ride and Wednesday ride are typically pretty fast with quite a few good riders on them. About 1.5-2hrs long. Tribe Multisport runs a ride on Thursday from its shop at 7PM I believe, which is a mix of faster road riders and slow tri dudes that pop off the back on the first lap. Its basically a 1.5hr circuit race. Try calling Bike Haus in Scottsdale as they also run quite a few morning rides and lastly there is the legendary BOS which leaves at 6:30 on Saturday mornings.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

woody55

by woody55

Forgot to mention the hour of power every morning as well.

weekapaugin

by weekapaugin

hour of power is on Tuesday and Thursday's departing 64th street and Exeter at 5:30a. It's just north of Tempe in South Scottsdale, and goes through Paradise Valley. Fun ride, can be very fast at times, and is a drop ride.

BOS is always a good (usually) hard ride.

Around the mountain on Sunday leaves Landis Cyclery on Rural and Warner? time changes throughout the year, so check their site. The ride itself is very flat on the indian rez and goes around south mountain with various groups forming. There is an option at the end of the ride where some guys will head up south mountain for some extra climbing.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com