Giant Tcr limited edition frame? any info

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

digiadaamore

by digiadaamore

HI everyone, i am looking at this frame http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-in/bik ... 778/39755/
i cant find any info about it at all. A weight a review anything even if it was a decent frame. can anyone offer any help? it also came in this color http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... Ag&dur=317

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SvenNijs

by SvenNijs

A previous topic didn't get anywhere it seems;
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=89212

This might give you a ballpark figure though (I can't imagine the frame you're looking at would be any lighter);
http://www.giant.co.jp/giant09/bike_dat ... on=outline

monkeyburger

by monkeyburger

Good evening Mr.digiadaamore,
I have been riding one of these frames for the last 2 years. I picked it up to be a second bike for when the weather was crap, but it has become my favorite ride as it fits well and handles beautifully. When I built it up I weighed the frame to be 1260gr in Medium with the rd hanger and FD mount, but with the headset removed.

BUT
1. The original fork sucks. It's heavy, having an alloy steerer and too flexy. I replaced it with an Idunnowhat from Taiwan, but it did the trick. The bike feels flawless when descending and tracks well on crap surfaces.
2. It is supplied with a goofy headset. Read more here: http://ocdlikeme.blogspot.com/2011/12/number-of-beast.html
3. The frame comes with a seat post adapter to run a 27.2 post. It alone weighs some 56gr (AND killed a carbon post). Chuck it and run a 31.6 post or get a USE shim.

Apart from that I love this thing and will give it up when it is pried from my cold, dead chamois retention cleft.
PM me if you need any more info.

monkeyburger
...finding my inner Onoda-kun...

shotgun

by shotgun

I've seen both framesets in my LBS. The first one (LE) is actually a heavier and a cheaper version. That model came out around 2010-2011 in Asia, while the 2nd one is a slightly older one 2009-2010 model that is similar to the higher/premium Aluxx version. It has better welds and is lighter.
2018 Giant TCR Advance SL0 Disc
2017 Festka Scalatore
1989 Battaglin Roche
1985 Alan Carbonio

digiadaamore

by digiadaamore

monkeyburger wrote:Good evening Mr.digiadaamore,
I have been riding one of these frames for the last 2 years. I picked it up to be a second bike for when the weather was crap, but it has become my favorite ride as it fits well and handles beautifully. When I built it up I weighed the frame to be 1260gr in Medium with the rd hanger and FD mount, but with the headset removed.

download/file.php?id=49769&mode=view

BUT
1. The original fork sucks. It's heavy, having an alloy steerer and too flexy. I replaced it with an Idunnowhat from Taiwan, but it did the trick. The bike feels flawless when descending and tracks well on crap surfaces.
2. It is supplied with a goofy headset. Read more here: http://ocdlikeme.blogspot.com/2011/12/number-of-beast.html
3. The frame comes with a seat post adapter to run a 27.2 post. It alone weighs some 56gr (AND killed a carbon post). Chuck it and run a 31.6 post or get a USE shim.

Apart from that I love this thing and will give it up when it is pried from my cold, dead chamois retention cleft.
PM me if you need any more info.

monkeyburger

this is awesome info! and tells me what i needed to know much appreciated! oh and the one im looking at is older/nicer 09 model. :thumbup:

oh and if you dont mind what crank are you running? it looks great
Last edited by digiadaamore on Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

monkeyburger

by monkeyburger

Happy to help!
Good luck with the build and don't forget to post some pics :beerchug:!

monkeyburger
...finding my inner Onoda-kun...

digiadaamore

by digiadaamore

if i buy it i will :D
Last edited by Frankie - B on Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: deleted the quote, please use reply.

digiadaamore

by digiadaamore

Oh i just thought maybe you should post tthat frame weight on the listings section so anyone in the future will find it easy 8)

digiadaamore

by digiadaamore

well i didnt get the TCR, but i think this is a bit nicer
Image :twisted:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

digiadaamore

by digiadaamore

just found out my new system six uses a 31.6 seatpost, if anyone ha a 31.6 thomson elite they would trade for a 27.2 elite let me know