New Project: Lynskey CX Disc

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Ramjm_2000

by Ramjm_2000

After about a 5 month wait my Cooper CX Disc has finally arrived. On my other 2 Lynkseys (L3 Custom and Helix) I went with the Handbrushed finish but this time around I though I'd go with the Satin. I figured if I didn't like it could always take a scotchbright to it in the future. The finish reminds me of my old IF and is a pleasant change. As for weight she is definitely burly at 1502 gms but not too bad considering the massive tubes, and disc tabs. I also think the new seatpost shims (seatposts now 27.2 vs 31.6) Lynksey is using has contributed to a higher weight than previous models. Build is going to be modest since this will be doing double duty as my work commuter and cross bike and consist of a Campy 10 sp Record/and newer Veloce (mid-cage RD and Ergos). Wheelset will be NOS Stans 29r 355 laced to CK ISO Disc hubs spaced via Ergott's shim method. Fork will be a Wound Up Team Disc.

limba

by limba

Ti is too heavy and too expensive for me but I'm sure this bike will be awesome.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

Great build! Not feeling the fork though. Seems a bit low end for this bike. A Whisky carbon fork would be much better IMHO.

Ramjm_2000

by Ramjm_2000

Funny you say that because I considered it and had I gone Whiskey it would have been at least $100 cheaper and about 30gms heavier. Unless you go tapered the Whiskeys come with alloy steerers. Given the choice with close weights, I'll go hand made in the US whenever I can (Whiskey is just Woodman relabeled). Ride quality wise, both are familiar to me (my Ti Spicer had a Woodman) and I most definitely prefer the Wound Up.

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Wound Up low end?
Whiskey high end?

:roll:

jooo

by jooo

Ramjm_2000 wrote:Wheelset will be NOS Stans 29r 355 laced to CK ISO Disc hubs spaced via Ergott's shim method.

What?

Any particular reason for 355s?

Ramjm_2000

by Ramjm_2000

jooo wrote:
Ramjm_2000 wrote:Wheelset will be NOS Stans 29r 355 laced to CK ISO Disc hubs spaced via Ergott's shim method.

What?

Any particular reason for 355s?

Recommendation from local wheel builder. A bit taller side wall (vs. crest), more robust, and easier to get road tires on and off. Minimum tire size is 25c so my 32c commute and cross tires fit just fine.

jooo

by jooo

What about the shim deal?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ramjm_2000

by Ramjm_2000

Thanks :thumbup: . I've got some sweet single track I want to test her out with before the season starts.