continental giro tubular trouble

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

toride

by toride

Has anyone ever had any problems with continental giro tubs...

mine seem to be seperating,air got between the outer layer of rubber and formed a thumb size bleb and then slowly went flat.

i know you get what you pay for but i dont really expect from a 4 month old tyre...800/1200miles

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

What size tub and what size rim? Use a tub too narrow for the spec of the rim and you will get problems.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Well I have about 200 miles on mine. I did manage to get the rear on striaght, the front is a bit wobbley but nothing significant but may be the cause of the front end vibration I get on the road. The previous tub was also a bit wobbley abd the bike vibrated the same so I can't tell realy (fitted by previous owner of the wheels). Given how little they cost me I am quite happy with them. I really don't care if the fail on me as I am a looking for an excuse to upgrade.

As it is the first time I have bought tubs I think I picked the right ones as these have me hooked.

Geoff

by Geoff

Sounds like a slipped casing. It happens, even to the best-quality tires, but it is rare. Unfortunately, there is no fix.

cerro

by cerro

seems like you should get rid of them and get yourself a good pair of tires instead of those cheap ones.