Cannondale 2013 Lineup

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

AGW

by AGW

Geez... I hope my guess is even remotely close now. I'm worried I got everyone's hopes up. But seriously, if a SuperSix 1 is $5k, a 10-1 has to be closer to $4k than not.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

I bet you're pretty spot on.....your logic follows pretty well. There is no way they would price it over 4k.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wulfy117

by wulfy117

I guess sandblasting and respraying would void the warranty.

AGW

by AGW

btompkins0112 wrote:I bet you're pretty spot on.....your logic follows pretty well. There is no way they would price it over 4k.

Just talked to the LBS. The 2013 10-1 MSRPs at $4k, their price is $3699. :o It also comes with Ultegra tubeless wheels.

haydos

by haydos

The Di2 caad 10 is being being offered as a frame set here (australia). It's the only caad frame set offered actually...
Current Quiver:
Cervelo Aspero, Dura Ace 12
Time RXR, Record 10sp
Colnago C40 Mapei

In the past:
C59 x 2, EPS, Dogma2, Dogma, Caad 12, SuperSix HM, BMC RM01, Focus Izalco, Scott Foil, Cervelo R3SL, BMC SLC01, S-Works Tarmac, TCR

justanewbie

by justanewbie

Haydos: Source?? Also, do you know pricing?

haydos

by haydos

source - from the horses mouth
pricing - lets just say under $1800au for now...
availability - i'll let u know tomorrow
Current Quiver:
Cervelo Aspero, Dura Ace 12
Time RXR, Record 10sp
Colnago C40 Mapei

In the past:
C59 x 2, EPS, Dogma2, Dogma, Caad 12, SuperSix HM, BMC RM01, Focus Izalco, Scott Foil, Cervelo R3SL, BMC SLC01, S-Works Tarmac, TCR

runningrunningjump

by runningrunningjump

Totally agree with the colour way comments.

Cannondale have had some really lush colour ways over the years, and some shockers, shame is, so far 2013 looks to be a bad year. Real shame as they have some superb frames right now.

It's like the marketing team was coming up with some fantastically subtle black colour ways;

the super six black nano with the subtle writing is just amazing,
The black with a little gold caad10 looks timeless, you could pick one of those up 3rd hand off eBay in 5 years time and still feel amazing about the whole look...
That caadx isn't bad, and would make just the ultimate commuter bike with a switch to 25mm gator skins....

But then into the marketing office comes some boss who's just come in from trek and says; 'no no no, this won't do, people want big bright colours with lots of big cannondale written everywhere!' and they had to rush some bright designs through on the Friday afternoon! Poor show.

On the supplying frame sets front I had to buy a 2012 supersix and strip it from new and eBay all the bits, but actually after doing this and ending up with more money to spend / the frame set not costing me as much, I'm really chuffed. You should do the same! (if you can find a colour way that doesn't offend....)

STARNUT

by STARNUT

The only chance you'll have to get one of the 'black inc' frames is to buy the bike associated with it. end of story.

Starnut
"Don't pedal harder, pedal faster!"
Q-FACTOR IS A RED HERRING

BB30.COM

tcurtbike
Best Freak bike poster

by tcurtbike

The CAAD10 Di2 is being sold as a frameset in Australia. $1700, pre-lim stock coming in December (at my LBS). The waiting game begins.

petal666

by petal666

tcurtbike wrote:The CAAD10 Di2 is being sold as a frameset in Australia. $1700, pre-lim stock coming in December (at my LBS). The waiting game begins.
I just finished building my Caad10-1 with Di2 on the weekend. :(

SSB

by SSB

$1,700 AUD?

That seems a bit expensive, no? AFAIK a full 105 bike here costs less than that, and the frameset only is about $850 across the border. At a price like that I'd buy the full bike and swap some parts around with my existing CAAD10.
Flickr
2012 Cannondale CAAD10

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

That frame is limited and has the extra light anodized finish on weight sorted frames/tubes(that's what I have heard but not sure). It also is Di2 internal wired and things cost more there in general. Factor that all in and it's not that much of a stretch. In the US it is over 1K now for a caad10 frameset retail. You might be able to get it for less if your dealer gives you a discount.