Cannondale 2013 Lineup

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

spytech

by spytech

will they offer the 655g nano as a frameset option and if so, how much???

http://road.cc/content/news/61231-canno ... -evo-black

leosantos

by leosantos

I hope Ill eat my words, as Id love getting that frame and all we can do now is speculate, but what sense would it make in selling this as frame only, given past cannondale policy? suddenly they have become nice guys who just want to please fans with extra cash by selling their very top frame separately? they havent done it and they wont, certainly not with the Black (or Nano as some online publications insist on calling) version..
to make it worse, these frames are so rare, given the hideous prices the complete bike goes for, that you might never find a separate frame, even used, selling around. the best you can hope if you are willing to underpay is to find a used bike for less. I know what im talking about as I have been screening over ebay, this forum and others for 6 months for the evo ultimate (talk about nothing better to do...) and best I could find was the complete used bike for 6-8k..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spytech

by spytech

cervelo offers the R5Ca as a frameset. maybe they are going to do the same, but cheaper?

about the name, if you look at the pictures, it says black on the top tube, and says nano on the seat stays (hard to see but its there). so the name is cannondale supersix HM Evo Nano black :lol: crazy i know. the longer the name, the more you have to pay.

airwise

by airwise

Dear Mr Cannondale

Please can we have a black frameset as an option for 2013?

I am delighted with your bikes but with respect, I don't want some super flexy Enve wheelset, nor do I hanker for an overpriced cockpit and seat post from the same manufacturer.

Whilst we are at it, I don't want Shimano or (heaven forbid) SRAM particularly after the Campagnolo you spoilt me with on your 2010 team bike.

So Mr Cannondale, I would like a black frameset that I can put my choice of equipment on and ride around Europe. I won't be buying one of the new bikes but I would buy a frameset. I'd love to ride one of your framesets. Please don't deny me that opportunity and force me to jump ship to a competitor.

Yours a Cannondale fan ( to a point)

AGW

by AGW

I found this while trolling for more info: Pics of all 2013 CAAD10s

spytech

by spytech

Thanks for the link AGW.

i really like the simple black CAAD 10 with Di2. i wonder if they would make the evo in black like this Di2.

AGW

by AGW

spytech wrote:Thanks for the link AGW.

i really like the simple black CAAD 10 with Di2. i wonder if they would make the evo in black like this Di2.

Quite welcome. There was an interesting reply in one of the RBR caad10 threads from a guy who claimed the 10-1 frame weight (1150g) was lower than the rest of the line-up because they were hand-picked, polished/buffed, and decale'd in a special way that allowed them to do it without the added weight of paint. His estimate was ~200g of clear coats and colors.

spytech

by spytech

interesting.

so from all the pictures in the link... only the all black CAAD 10 - 1 will come Di2? i wonder if it will be available as a frameset. it would look better with the internal battery, at least thats how i would do it. ive always been a campy guy, but 11speed Di2 looks to be growing on me, plus i like the shifters ergos better than campy.

now how much better is the evo, will it be available in all black, and is it worth an extra 2 grand...

AGW

by AGW

Pretty sure it's Ultegra Di2. Don't know if that's 11-speed, but I read definitely no DA on CAADs next year.

I talked to my LBS yesterday and they will have the 10-4 for $1800! Want!

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

AGW.....do you know what the Ui2 model is going to retail for? I might just get that instead of the Evo....black/gold looks boss.

Lou3000

by Lou3000

Throw in a gold chain and that is the most gorgeous thing I've seen.

AGW

by AGW

btompkins0112 wrote:AGW.....do you know what the Ui2 model is going to retail for? I might just get that instead of the Evo....black/gold looks boss.

I didn't ask, but I'll look at their catalog tomorrow after our hammerfest. Since the SuperSix Ui2 is $5k, and it's about a ~$1200 difference between the SuperSix 3 and 10-3, my guess is $3,800-$4,000.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

At 3.8k that would be an absolute killer deal.....I might not be able to justify the price of an Evo especially when you take into account that the Evo I can afford isn't that much lighter than the CAAD.

SSB

by SSB

If the Ui2 model ends up being under 4K, I'll be all over it. The subtle gold lettering on matte black is such an awesome stealthy scheme, better than the 100% murdered out '11/'12 anodized model. It just looks super classy.

I'd swap all the stock stuff over to the old frame, move the WW stuff over onto the new one and I'd have a pretty sweet set of training/race bikes.
Flickr
2012 Cannondale CAAD10

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spytech

by spytech

What i would like to know if you could get the CAAD 10 black Di2 as a frameset??? it may be my next rig with 11sp Di2. this could be the excuse to build another bike and make the move to electronic.