HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About

Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 32  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:47 pm 

Ordered mine today

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:47 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:53 pm 

Ordered mine yesterday, can't wait to get it!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:16 pm 

What's shipping times from the UK

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:26 am 

TheDoc wrote:
gospastic wrote:
What do you think are the chances of the aluminum k-edge wearing out the relatively soft plastic of the Garmin over time?

I've thought of that when I got mine. It was initially very tight to twist in the computer I thought I was going to snap the plastic tabs. Even got tiny amount of plastics falling off. It's a lot smoother after using it for about month.

A month? These are on backorder everywhere. I ordered one a couple of weeks ago and the date keeps getting pushed further into the future.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:30 am 

Calmar bicycles in san jose http://calmarcycles.com/

They had the gunmetal K-edge garmin mount in stock. They also had the bontrager node mount in stock too. I picked up the bontrager, less than half the price, more adjustable and less weight.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:37 am 

I just received my K-Edge. Definite upgrade over the BarFly. Adds some grams, but the underneath mount is in a better location, the ability to slide the garmin forwards and back is pretty cool. I use an 800 on most of my bikes, but a 500 on my super light bike - so it was cool to be able to adjust for size. I also found that it centered the Garmin better. As far as snapping into place - I didn't feel a snap on it, but it is very tight. I think the plastic will hold up just fine. Have put the K-Edge on all 4 of my bikes now. I am waiting for the 3T Integra to be in stock and will probably try that when it come out. But not on my super light.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:50 am 

Yea, I ordered mine from Twohubs when it was first available in June. Got mine 7/2... so yes, about a month. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:31 am 

Has anybody tried using either the RWD mount or the K-Edge mount with a FSA K-Wing bar?

I was taking a good hard look at my bar/stem and it seems like I only have a few mm to the each side of the stem before the bar flares into flat tops.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:48 pm 

Calmar bicycles, sold out, now where do I order from.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:05 am 

After having the RWD mount for my 800 for a couple months now I am torn.
On one hand it is the lightest option out there looks good and puts the Garmin in a good location.
On the other I am really starting to wonder if it will last. I have already resorted to putting tape on the mount to tighten the interface to the Garmin.
With that I still feel it's too loose. Engagement is poor and it has a bit of play and vibrates with the tape.

Being an early adopter I missed out any any improvements made. Worst part is I have told others where to get it and they are complaining they are never in stock. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:37 am 

Get the BarFly.....

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=125962

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:52 am 

Got my Garmin mount from Franco Bikes in Westlake last week. A bit pricey...but a nice piece of work. Finish is top notch. The Garmin itself is a tight fit...but sits very secure once on.

Only thing that really concerns me is the tight fit. Over time...it would seem like that it would wear into the plastic of the Garmin and eventually loosen. When I first put my 500 on...there were shavings (from my 500) on the base of the K-Edge where the Garmin sits.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:04 am 

Watziznehm wrote:
Has anybody tried using either the RWD mount or the K-Edge mount with a FSA K-Wing bar?

I was taking a good hard look at my bar/stem and it seems like I only have a few mm to the each side of the stem before the bar flares into flat tops.

I saw a K-Edge on a Wing bar today. Sits pretty close to the stem...but it fit.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:42 pm 
in the industry

timzcat wrote:
After having the RWD mount for my 800 for a couple months now I am torn.
On one hand it is the lightest option out there looks good and puts the Garmin in a good location.
On the other I am really starting to wonder if it will last. I have already resorted to putting tape on the mount to tighten the interface to the Garmin.
With that I still feel it's too loose. Engagement is poor and it has a bit of play and vibrates with the tape.

Being an early adopter I missed out any any improvements made. Worst part is I have told others where to get it and they are complaining they are never in stock. :roll:

I am sorry that your having troubles with your early mount, I will PM you later and see if i cant help to resolve this problem for you. Also have to apologise for being out of stock, demand has far out weighed my expectations and as soon as I have stock it sells out. As this is only a side line for fun and not my main job i had little resource to invest in stock, however I now have 150 mounts on ordered due for delivery next week so hope this will last longer than a few day this time.

Martyn

Colnago Flight
Specialized Tarmac SL4 Di2

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:42 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:29 pm 
in the industry

Our website has now been updated and all of the oversize road and tt mounts are available to buy online, they will be ready for shipment early next week. For those with integrated bars I should have a mount ready by the end of next week subject to testing next week. I also now have a seat rail mounted bracket for track bikes.

Martyn

Colnago Flight
Specialized Tarmac SL4 Di2

Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 32  Next