Colnago C59 Di2/EPS

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mpower

by mpower

For the electronic groups to be used on the C59, Di2 specific frame will work with EPS components too right?

frankq

by frankq

Sure Will, If you wrench yourself you will need to open up the wire holes with a file or drill, mine were just a little small. And it looks pretty good too as clean as can be, well except for that fuc**n control box on the stem, there seems to be no way to hide that, custom stem maybe, but I am DONE spending money on bikes(for a few days at least :D). Couple of pics and a picture for the purists that can't stand shimano.
Attachments
DSCN0310.jpg%22.jpeg
DSCN0328.jpg%22.jpeg
DSCN0330.jpg%22.jpeg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

c50jim

by c50jim

I just picked up my EPS bike Saturday. It's a Wilier because I couldn't get a C59 my size. However, my LBS sort of hid the electronic box under the stem by attaching it with my Garmin mount. It's still there but not too visible because the Garmin is even bigger.

EightFiveTwo

by EightFiveTwo

c50jim wrote:I just picked up my EPS bike Saturday. It's a Wilier because I couldn't get a C59 my size. However, my LBS sort of hid the electronic box under the stem by attaching it with my Garmin mount. It's still there but not too visible because the Garmin is even bigger.

Which Wilier is that? the Zero 7?

Spindoctor

by Spindoctor

Pictures please
Wiliers: Cento Uno; Cento SLR; Imperiale, Zero 7 (all Super Record 11sp naturally)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

c50jim

by c50jim

It's a basic Cento 1 (the original model without extra letters on the end). I wanted regular geometry as close to Colnago as I could get. Based on one ride of about 100 km, it feels more like a C40 than a recent Colnago, which makes me happy. I'll post pictures to the Wilier thread when my wheels arrive. I'm currently just using the old wheels from my travel bike.