Scott foil premium vs bmc tmr

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

trilocus

by trilocus

I have a scott foil premium bike with dura ace di2 and enve 6.7 wheels. I saw a few days ago a BMC TMR in the web and i am thinking to change my scott foil to a bmc tmr. Is a good upgrade? I want to do triathlon sprint, olympic and half im with this bike.

Thank you and sorry for my english

fa63

by fa63

Not sure it would be much of an upgrade, more like a lateral move (as in, I don't think you will be faster or anything).

Are you unhappy with the Scott, or just looking for a change?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Your English is fine! :)

Also, upgrade your training, not the bike. You have already got a perfect set up for your goals, the only thing holding you back is the engine. :wink:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

trilocus

by trilocus

fa63 wrote:Not sure it would be much of an upgrade, more like a lateral move (as in, I don't think you will be faster or anything).

Are you unhappy with the Scott, or just looking for a change?

No i am very happy with the scott at this moment, and i don't think that i will be faster too. But i think that is more advanced the bmc tmr because you can use mechanical and electronic groupset, hidden brakes, and maybe more aerodinamic.

prendrefeu wrote:Your English is fine! :)

Also, upgrade your training, not the bike. You have already got a perfect set up for your goals, the only thing holding you back is the engine. :wink:

I am improving my training too :thumbup: and you are right the most important is the engine. But i am looking for my perfect sep up.

Thank you for the answers :beerchug:

shoopdawoop

by shoopdawoop

Just wondering but why are you are not considering a time trial/ tri frame if you plan to race tri?

trilocus

by trilocus

shoopdawoop wrote:Just wondering but why you are not considering a time trial/ tri frame if you plan to race tri?

Bucause in Spain sprint/olympics triathlons are with drafting and i can't use a tribike, and i think that buying a more versatile bike that a tribike is better for 2 half ironman that i'm planning to do in 2013. Of course, when my goal will be an ironman i will buy a tribike.

CharlesM

by CharlesM

Pretty tough (I would say pointless) to try and answer your question when the BMC isn't at the market yet.

Everyone else will be guessing along side of you.

Of course folks can chime in about their favorite aero road bike like the Blue AC or Venge and Cervelo S5 has topped a few aero comparisons. The Blue and S5 both ride a bit softer than the Venge and the Foil (and they're both also relatively stiff).

Until the BMC rolls out though, there's not a lot of points to make.

trilocus

by trilocus

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343683535.920058.jpg

This is my foil, not bad

Lou3000

by Lou3000

I think if you are worried about the aerodynamics of your road bike you should consider a Cervelo S5. I won't argue which is more aero, but the Cervelo has 10-15mm more stack and you might be able to elminate all of your spacers. Round spacers = not aero.

Though if it were me I'd get the new BMC just because it looks cool, regardless of stack height.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

trilocus

by trilocus

Lou3000 wrote:I think if you are worried about the aerodynamics of your road bike you should consider a Cervelo S5. I won't argue which is more aero, but the Cervelo has 10-15mm more stack and you might be able to elminate all of your spacers. Round spacers = not aero.

Though if it were me I'd get the new BMC just because it looks cool, regardless of stack height.

The photo was some months ago, now the stem is without spacers, and cervelo s5 has more stack height than the foil