Need help boosting my FTP

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Krull

by Krull

i cant see anything wrong with your training, your numbers proof, that it seems to work for you, (congratulations for your stunning capability).

nevertheless: considering your high level and your training-volume, a trainer, who maybe teases out the last dram, could be a good idea.

only one thing: you wrote, that you are training 4-5 weeks on a high level, with ca 800 tss, and than adding some kind of recovery-week with ca 300 tss.

did you ever try to train (how recommended by friel) in a 3:1-balance ?

for your race in october: dont forget the rule (it was already said in this threat in different words) of coggan: form=fitness+freshness!

good luck.

Martin.F

by Martin.F

So this week:

Monday: Completely off the bike
Tuesday: 1 hr short ride
Wednesday: 1 hr short ride + massage
Thursday: 3-minute intervals
Friday: 3 hr easy ride
Saturday: Day off the bike
Sunday: 1.5 hrs with 4 x 90-second intervals @ 400w (Going out now after the Olympic wmns race)

Some notes:

As of now the TSB is @ -0.2 and rising towards a positive number
My CTL is dropping of slowly
My ATL has been building up for 4 weeks and is now dropping down below CTL

Everything goes according to the plan and should indicate potential for good performance. However, my legs feel a bit tired and my days on the bike are not "chainless days".

Plans for next week:

Monday: 2 hrs with 4 x 30second MAX intervals to open up the legs. Rest of the ride is eaaasy
Tuesday: 1,5 hrs EASY ride
Wednesday: Raceprep - 45 minutes with 5 30second bursts @ 350-400w
Thursday: RACE - prologue
Friday: RACE - 160km
Saturday: RACE - 170km
Sunday: RACE - ITT 8 km

Edit:
Also dropped a bit of weight over the past 3 weeks while still staying hydrated (not only fluids). Will include more high GI carbohydrates closer to the race, while staying within a normal amount of food. No over-building with food as this leaves me bloated and heavy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Dropped more weight?

With a w/kg like that, how are you not on a Pro team of some degree??

Martin.F

by Martin.F

Yeah, I gained a bit with a couple of weeks with illness. It's now back down to around 67-68 depending on.

In todays race I did OK. I managed to lock the car keys inside of the car before start, so I had to buy some steel wire and break in. Luckily it's an old car :mrgreen: . Then, 10 minutes before the start (which was 1km away) I broke my derailleur hanger. Managed to get a new one on and the only reason I was there in time for the start was because of some delay.

I placed 35th out of 101 (29 got picked out because of being dropped). To be competitive today I estimate I would have needed a 470-500w 5-min and a 350w threshold at the same weight. There was one REALLY steep hill (250m altitude) with around 12-13% avg incline I guess. That's where the war went down today.

Tomorrow is a better stage for me. Shorter climbs (1minute or so, more short bursts), and an overall flatter stage.