WW Build for L'Eroica - Full Finished pics P4

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

KB

by KB

You've done a wonderful job there. It really does look authentic right down to the cable fasteners on the top tube. The colour of the frame is how I also how I remember the classic Cinelli frame to be: they were also one of the most exclusive and expensive if if my memory serves me.

Never realised they was a 41t inner chainwheel. The classic combo was 42-52 on a 14-24 freewheel (for the pro's I think some had the 13t). The 6speed 'block' as we called it was introduced in 1967, Regina was de rigeur. So assume that's what you have on this build.

You will certainly have the Italians drooling over that beauty. Then of course there's the clothing to consider. Would be interested to see what you'd be wearing.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dadoflam08

by dadoflam08

Hi KB
13-23 Regina ORO BX 6spd freewheel with matching Regina ORO BX chain will be going on.
'83 De Rosa+'11 Baum Corretto+'08 BMC Pro Machine >6kg+'86 Pinarello Team +'72 Cinelli SC +'58 Bianchi+'71 Cinelli SC+'78 Masi GC+'83 La Redoute Motobecane+'94 Banesto Pegoretti+'88 Bianchi X4 +'48 Super Elliott+'99 Look Kg281+'18 Pegoretti

KB

by KB

Can't wait to see the completed build in all its glory. I have to say this is the nicest restoration I have ever seen of an older bike. The standard of finish on the front end pic is exemplary. Like that you've got the Regina block and Oro Gold chain. The fact that you've sourced those Clement silks is also a great find. I could never afford them back in those days. They were too expensive and usually only ridden by the pro's.

You was also right to make it an all Italian build. Simplex shifters wouldn't have looked right.

nspace

by nspace

Looks awesome, can't wait to see this built up.

I need to find some of those clamp on cable stops, but have no idea what they are called or if you can buy them separately.

KB

by KB

nspace wrote:I need to find some of those clamp on cable stops ...
Look at Campyoldy UK, they have some of clips "Brake cable clips for top tube #649 set of 3 in paper envelope"

kgt

by kgt

That's a masterful restoration! Congrats.

dadoflam08

by dadoflam08

There will be more images to follow but here is the first sneak picture of the finished build - just arrived and I am just staring at it - sublime. Just amazing to think you are looking at something 40 years old this year with every component, spoke, cable and bolt mint, out of the box and never ridden. Enjoy!

Photography by Andy White of Fyxo (superb) - all rights reserved
Last edited by dadoflam08 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:26 am, edited 4 times in total.
'83 De Rosa+'11 Baum Corretto+'08 BMC Pro Machine >6kg+'86 Pinarello Team +'72 Cinelli SC +'58 Bianchi+'71 Cinelli SC+'78 Masi GC+'83 La Redoute Motobecane+'94 Banesto Pegoretti+'88 Bianchi X4 +'48 Super Elliott+'99 Look Kg281+'18 Pegoretti

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Nice!

Weight?

KB

by KB

The best restoration I've ever seen and extra kudos because there's no compromises here. Everything's how I remember it. The Cinelli's from that era were far more exclusive than they are now and the colour of the frame is perfect.

The only query I had in my head was the black bartape. However, I now remember that some of the Peugeot bikes from that era had black tape. Overwhelmingly, people tended to use white tape.

Now you need a classic woollen jersey, a hairnet lid (I've got a few gratis if you want one), some Detto Pietro shoes, and gloves (can't remember the Italian name).

2002maniac

by 2002maniac

amazing! I would have a hard time bringing myself to ride something like that though.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Incredible.

I know the OP quite well, cannot think of anyone else whose eye for detail is as keen as his. Not surprised the result is so sublime.

KB

by KB

I would have a Filotex jersey to go with that bike. One of their main riders was Franco Bitossi. Filotex rode on silver bikes.

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

Gorgeous.

I may have to download and stare at this picture... furtively. :wink:
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

legsrburnin

by legsrburnin

As I get older I'm getting a real soft spot for old steel bikes.

This one is simply stunning!

You truly have created a piece of rideable art!

Well Done!
Lefty heaven