Lightest, affordable, comfortable road shoes?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

CBRE

by CBRE

Weighed my Sidi 's today, no insole or cleat at size 43 is 277g. Got nanogram cleats wich are 10g per shoe lighter that I would like to install on a pair of way lighter shoes. Reason for no insole weight is im running Superfeet black insoles in the shoe which are a hair heavier than stock insoles.

So far im thinking Bontragers new offering and the new Pearl Izumi's, don't want to risk getting Bont's in the wrong size. Seeing some of the new shoes at 200g with insoles is a good chance to lose a good bit of rotational weight.
Curt Brown

2016 Cannondale EVO Etap 13.8#'s
2012 Cannondale Supersix EVO etap 13.7#'s
2017 Cannondale SUPER X Force 16.0#'s
2016 Cannondale FatCad2 28.1#'s
2011 Cannondale Carbon Flash 1 17.9#'s

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

Giro Factor and Prolight SLX are quite light and are very comfortable at least to these feet. Price isn't great but if you know your size can be found on eBay for some pretty fair amounts....
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

Doolop

by Doolop

Specialized Sworks

ECT

by ECT

Go with the Bontrager XXX Lite Limited Edition, I love my pair and a good deal in my opinion, and if you try and don't like them, take them back within their 30 day comfort guarantee. Moving to them from a pair of heat moldable Shimano SH-R300's, they are almost as comfortable.

soupless

by soupless

I've got the Bontragers (am assuming you mean the red, all velcro RXXXXXXXXXXL) and think they're great. Have the superfeets installed too. Bought the same size I was wearing in Sidi and they're a teeny bit long in the toe, but I can deal. The "sharkskin" inner heel counter that supposedly helps keep your foot in place is a neat detail.

Yeah, they're serious about the 30 day thing, so what have you got to loose?

Rick

by Rick

Specialized S-works are light and comfy, but expensive.

The Specialized 'Pro" shares many construction featers, so I supect it is comfy. The Specialized website has a Shoe deals link on older year's model shoes in erratic size selections. But if they have your size it can be a great deal.

JWolf

by JWolf

The new Fizik shoes are awesome and light. But not cheap. Very comfortable. I think that light an comfortable means expensive in most cases.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MDiddy

by MDiddy

Gaerne or Mavic