power2max versus powertap

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

dierix

by dierix

i have a power2max and was comparing it with my old powertap (pro). Difference is about 40 watts in favour of the powertap on my training course (speed/cadans/heart rate is nearly the same). Tried it a few times now and it is always between 30 and 40 watts.
Any ideas?

denzity

by denzity

If it's always 40 watts it sounds like the intercept is wrong. Have you tried stopping pedalling for 2secs so it re-calibrates? How about calibrating from your garmin? Could also be the powertap that's off. I have both and ran them together once with a 5-10w difference during a TT.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dierix

by dierix

thanks, will try that

Krull

by Krull

denzity wrote:If it's always 40 watts it sounds like the intercept is wrong. Have you tried stopping pedalling for 2secs so it re-calibrates? How about calibrating from your garmin? Could also be the powertap that's off. I have both and ran them together once with a 5-10w difference during a TT.

i have both as well and ran them together on different intensity-levels: very close together, difference most of the time between 4-8 w. at around 200w it was a little bit more, ca 6-10w.

in the worst case, you have to send one of your systems to the manufactorer who has to recalibrate it.

there was a case similar like yours, concerning p2max, in german "tour-forum. the users powermeter showed to low numbers. he got it recalibrated by "saxonar", and it worked fine.