Removal of red rear derailleur outer cage

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

NiFTY

by NiFTY

I have been trying to disassemble my red rear derailleur to sand and polish the outer cage to remove green highlights but cannot find out jow to remove it. It appears to be held on by a pin. people have previously described a small screw near the pivot but it won't come all the way out on mine and loosening it seems to make no difference to ghe cages adherence. any ideas?[quote][/quote]
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jesmith09

by jesmith09

Old post, but if you still need adice, I'll have a look at one at the shop tomorrow, and let you know.

weeracerweenie

by weeracerweenie

you undo the wee screw then you have to pull it out, its not threaded the entire way. get a pair of pliers into it. its probably just a little stuck
I guess there's worse hobbies than making a bike light? Right?

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

There is a spring in there, which helps to hold the screw in place despite being loosened. You may need pliers or something to get the screw out, I forget.
Hold on a little second, I've got a link to help you somewhere around here...

Edit: here you go. Follow the link, follow the rabbit hole...
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Thanks - you guys are legends
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;