Cervelo R5CA

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

apLe

by apLe

Looks great except for Praxis chainrings and headset spacers (I don't mean you should slam your stem as you should feel comfortable, but I just don't like them, maybe some UD carbon would look better). All in all, fabulous bike!
18' R5 coming soon...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SSB

by SSB

apLe wrote:Looks great except for Praxis chainrings and headset spacers (I don't mean you should slam your stem as you should feel comfortable, but I just don't like them, maybe some UD carbon would look better). All in all, fabulous bike!

+1

Those Praxis Rings don't go too well with the rest of the bike, otherwise it would be a perfect 10/10 for me.

I can't wait to see the Impec and S5 VWD that are in progress. 3 very high-dollar and amazing bikes within a few weeks of each other, how I would love to be in those shoes. :thumbup:
Flickr
2012 Cannondale CAAD10

JWolf

by JWolf

Praxis doesn't make all black in this size unfortunate and it's the best ring for 11 speed campy. I agree and wish they would make the rings in all black - hopefully soon.

apLe

by apLe

Well, I use stronglight ct2 rings with SR 11s without any problems. Maybe you can try them as well? Just my 2 cents.
18' R5 coming soon...

AptosBigRing
in the industry

by AptosBigRing

Hey guys...
All Black 50/36 are coming. So is our soon to be released 52/36 110BCD all black.

We're a humble team, and things just take time. Thanks for your patience as we're growing.

Adam@Praxis
Praxis Works
Manufacturer
Santa Cruz, CA
www.praxis-works.com

JWolf

by JWolf

Thanks Adam, its Jorge from Miami and this is my bike. I think we spoke when I was buying the chainring. Please email me when the all black, and the 52/36 are available.

fiti

by fiti

This is one of the most beautiful bike I've ever seen. I just love the frame color, Schmolke and of course the Lightweights. Really nicely done.
fiti

JWolf

by JWolf

Working on a custom stem and bar combo. Will post soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

JWolf wrote:The THM M3's have a strange (easy) mounting system, and the left crank slips on to a grooved section at the end of the axle - I dont think the crank will slide off due to the grease becuase the recommended torque is pretty high for carbon. Its on there incredible tight and no more noise.

:unbelievable:

Did you read the intructions from THM? It says do not use grease

Please at least change the grease for carbon paste!!!! The grease your using could soften then resin used in the carbon layup.. Results could be very expensive :unbelievable:

JWolf

by JWolf

Thanks sugarcane. I saw the degrease comment on Page 19 - but was advised to try some thick grease in the muti-tooth segment to get rid of the noise. I'll try Paste. Should accomplish the same result I think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

liam7020

by liam7020

Superb frame and great component choice but for me it doesn’t gel as a bike. The short upturned stem with a stack of spacers and the extended amount of seatpost strongly suggest the wrong frame size.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

Look at the stem length... That frame isn't too big, as far as the saddle goes maybe he has long legs..

I say he's not 20 sumthing years old and doesn't enjoy riding with his back parallel to the ground.

I'd like to see a stem that matches the top tube angle, an MFCK seat post camp and a blacker stem, maybe a stealth 3t or exratile. But it's a balling bike..
Some work with a sharpie ( black texter/paint pen ) would sort out the chain rings but that's been nit picky

liam7020

by liam7020

Nah mate, a proper fitting frame shouldn’t force you to ride with your back parallel to the ground 100% of the time but should permit you to assume a more aerodynamic position if required. I’m very very far from being a 20 something and only ride with my back parallel to the ground when said 20 somethings are kicking the sh*te out of me in the local road race league (!) but I wouldn’t be happy paying premium dollar on a bike that looked like that. But hey, it ain’t my bike – if the OP’s happy with his machine I wish him good health to enjoy his ride.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

Same goes for me :wink:
I couldn't live with the stem turned up like that either..
The r5ca's don't come with any head tube options and limited sizing.. If you really want one and don't quite fit the sizes you Gota make it fit using less than ideal methods..

For the money involved I'd rather a z1 custom with SL tubing personally :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ypsylon

by Ypsylon

liam7020 wrote:Superb frame and great component choice but for me it doesn’t gel as a bike. The short upturned stem with a stack of spacers and the extended amount of seatpost strongly suggest the wrong frame size.

What size do you suggest, then?
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.