Cycling Coaches based in central Scotland

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

campbellrae

by campbellrae

Hi,

Basically I have been riding seriously again for a year and haven't really improved too much in the last 6 months. I get the impression that my training knowledge has exhausted itself and I don't want to waste time going into the winter and loose out early next season. So I have decided to get myself a coach to make the most of my time/effort!

My question is, does anybody know a good coach based in central Scotland? Either that or one based online that can do personalized training plans with a good amount of feedback throughout the process. Also if anyone knows rough prices that would help so I can start budgeting for it!

Thanks,

Campbell.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

What's Obree doing these days? Give him a ring.
Seriously, aren't there any cycling coached on-line in Scotland?
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

campbellrae

by campbellrae

I actually ride with Obree from time to time(same club as me) and his time is taken up with his human powered vehicle land speed record at the moment! I was hoping someone would have one that is recommended! I'm aware that the effectiveness will vary a lot depending on the coach!

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

That is really cool. How is he doing? Since you are in a cycling club no one has any references?

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/scotla ... hing-about
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

campbellrae

by campbellrae

He is doing well, still a bit mad but really good to talk with! The club doesn't really have many guys riding seriously, certainly nobody with a coach. There are only 50 or so members so it's a pretty small group!