More Pathetic Than Doping in a Gran Fondo. Here you go!!!

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

spinwax
Shop Owner

by spinwax

Unfrickenbelievable!!!!

http://303cycling.com/boulder-commuter- ... 2-year-ban" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

denzity

by denzity

LOL

One commuter though was glad to see her she got busted, "she came out of no where this year with Strava times off the charts, first I thought she was hacking the GPX files but one day I used my moped to stalk her and saw that she was indeed producing those times on her own. I knew something was up because years prior she was just a normal commuter with average times but something changed this year".

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Nice joke article! :lol:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

is it april 1st already?

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Anonymous poster on behalf of The League of Competitive Commuters wrote:The League of Competitive Commuters does not approve
Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Fri, 07/20/2012 - 20:23.

On behalf of the LCC, we strongly disapprove of Sarah's actions and not mentioned in this article her lack of any panniers while competing is against the rules. We hope some day Sarah puts on some fenders, gets a few blinky lights and at least on pannier and return to the fold. Come back Sarah

In the comments section, the article's author wrote:In case there is any confusion...
Submitted by Kris Thompson on Fri, 07/20/2012 - 12:41.

This story is made up. Happy Friday.... Notice the category we assigned this too.. it's Friday Fun.

spinwax
Shop Owner

by spinwax

I know it's not April yet, but it was hard to pass up with the Gran Fondo post. :mrgreen:

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

I would give you points if it turned out to be true... but the Gran Fondo doper still wins the "most pathetic" award. :no1:

HammerTime2

by HammerTime2

Does Mt. Washington test for dope? Even the old geezers and the youngsters? Didn't think so. EPO might come in handy for it though - as long as you don't get caught - and if they don't test, well, do the math. The key is to not also do events which test.

Enda Marron

by Enda Marron

If this is for real then:
1. Strava has to realise how seriously some people take it (unimportant)
2. Where do we draw the line - the top end race scene is doing its best to seek and destroy all racers who are using "stuff" but those who are just racing/riding for glory are now using the "stuff", there was a similar case in England when a regular guy (who had no desire to enter the domestic/local/national race scene took "stuff" to finish ahead of the fiels in a local sportive. Now that cycling is the new golf we can expect more of this as fat competitive fat assed executives try to justify their £10K bikes against up and coming youngsters/old lags/ and ex pro's
3. F**k political correctness and call ALL sportives, charity rides, reliabilities etc races and let it take its own course

I find it very confusing that sportive riders are doping - for example in Ireland they may beat Sean Kelly or Stephen Roche or a local hero in a sportive but the time is meaningless if it were not a race
Actually as I write I can now see why a somewhat left-wing friend despises the new middle class cyclists - the bastards realise that success comes with training and dedication to the sport but their attitude is "stuff that I'll buy success" (and I'm a Parlee owner!!)

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

I could never look my kids in the eye if I cheated to improve my position in any event. I just don't have it in me to use drugs or cheat. My family have seen me off the front, in the pack, and off the back... and they cheer just as loud every time. And I (usually) have fun regardless of my position. If I ever felt the need to cheat, I would quit riding.

HammerTime2

by HammerTime2

Ted, I wasn't suggest you would cheat or knowingly allow or encourage your family members to cheat, but I am suggesting that if there's no testing, it seems inevitable there will be cheating, and probably among the old and young, as well as "prime-time".

As for Enda Marron, did you read my post above in which I posted the comment from the article author stating "This story is made up"?

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

HammerTime: I didn't think you were accusing me... I was just stating that I can't fathom cheating to win at my level, or at any level for that matter. I don't understand how those who do can face themselves, their families, their friends, and the cycling community. Look what it has done to the lives of those pros who have been caught... partly because they denied for so long before coming clean, but mostly just because so many people were disappointed and disillusioned by the cheating. The few who have returned to the top levels of the sport don't seem able to get back to the levels they were at before they were caught which basically invalidates whatever accomplishments or ambitions they had.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Look I'm locking this one as people seem to have a hard time appreciating it's not real and just seem to be getting wound up over it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com