a MASTER find

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

modebo

by modebo

Initially i was busy with a new carbon build but then i stumbeld upon this bike.

This bike belonged to a good friend of my father and was just doing nothing in his shed. I told him "if your are not gonne use it let me buy it off you". And now i have a beautiful Campagnolo olympic master (1996) for a ridiculous low price, this was a once in a livetime deal my friends i could not pass on.

The bike, Colnag Olympic Master
The group, Campagnolo Record titanium
The Wheels, front cosmic pro and in the back a sup cxp30 with record hub (he broke his cosmic pro rear wheel)

I put a new flite seat on it because the original Selle Bassano with matching embroidery was really used and needed replacing. Now looking for a new Bassano but i think they are verry expensive.

And i am looking for new brake hoods because they also were finished. Looking for white ones.

http://willemjansterk.jouwweb.nl/bike-pictures" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Klein q-pro xx
Colnago Master Olympic 1996
Scott Cr1 Team 2004 custom
Litespeed Vortex 2000

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

welkman

by welkman

Wow what a find. I love the top tube decals, are they standard ?

modebo

by modebo

Yes they are and they same 'decal' is/was embroided on the saddle. I'll try to post a foto off the old saddle when i'm able.
Klein q-pro xx
Litespeed Vortex 2000

kgt

by kgt

You 're a lucky guy for sure!

mrfish

by mrfish

Very nice, I'd guess it's about 1997-8 vintage, based on non-carbon rear mech. The paint jobs with the little man on the top tube were definitely the best - newer ones are not nearly as nice.

If anything breaks (Ergo springs for example) it's all easily replaceable, so I think you've got a bike for life there.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Oh my! That is the bike that began my lust for Colnagos. Seriously, I was in France and had just made it to the top of Croix du Fer and stopped to enjoy the accomplishment. Parked there was this yellow Colnago with the chrome stays just glistening in the sun. I just went over and admired it thinking it was the most beautiful bike I'd ever seen. Years later I had a custom frame built (not Colnago) and had it painted yellow because of that bike still in my memory. But it didn't even come close to the beauty of the Colnago I saw on top of Croix du Fer. If you should ever want to part with it...

All I ever found in the garages of my dad's friends was empty beer cans, lol.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

modebo

by modebo

No i'm not going to part with this bike...sorry :D.

But i know what you mean with the yellow and chrome it's a piece of art espacially with the sun on it. I am thinking on getting a new precisia chromed fork (or re-chroming this one) because of the rust getting trough. But no idea what it will cost to 'repaint' or replacing it.
Klein q-pro xx
Litespeed Vortex 2000

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

You need a pair of these. Fast! :wink: : . By the way, a Bassano saddle with Colnago embroidery can be bought pretty cheap if you get a used one.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

My word, what a machine! Incredible find!

modebo

by modebo

Thanks everybody! :D

And yes swijland i need a rear wheel, but i need the pro version. And i have a Bassano saddle but it
's worn. But i think the flite doesn't look to bad, a bit to modern but okay.

For people in the Netherlands, does anybody know a place who does chrome work for an okay price.
Klein q-pro xx
Litespeed Vortex 2000

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I'm not in the Netherlands but if you ship it to me I'll have it chromed for you. Just one thing... You will never see it again :).
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com