Campagnolo Bora one vs Ultra two

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Richtw

by Richtw

Title says it all really.......

I currently have a set of Shamal wheels which are great but was looking for some Sunday best wheels. It will have to be a Campag wheel in order to tie the rest of the bike together but are the Ultra two's really worth the extra money/ bling factor?

What would you suggest - stick with Bora ones or go the extra £600 (here in the UK) for the Ultra twos?

Thanks

There are many topics on this, please use search

LionelB

by LionelB

Performance difference should be minimum. Carbon hub shell and CULT bearing (maybe also nicer spoke but I am not sure).

Stickers are way cooler on the ultra 2. Just received mine actually :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

EightFiveTwo

by EightFiveTwo

LionelB wrote:Performance difference should be minimum. Carbon hub shell and CULT bearing (maybe also nicer spoke but I am not sure).

Stickers are way cooler on the ultra 2. Just received mine actually :lol:

totally agree. make it easier for---get them from RIbble and save additional 10% off (before 7/24). spend a little extra and look cooler...hahahaha :beerchug:

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

Any Bora One set can be upgraded to CULT level bearings. All it takes is two spare part kits and the necessary tools.
You can even order a sticker kit for the U2 should you "need" the extra bling.... :lol:
Performancewise the difference between U2 and U1 shoulds be minimal. I'd be surprise if anyone would notice the difference.

That said, both are superb wheels, strong and very reliable.

Ciao, ;)
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.