Cervelo P3 Seatpost Question

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TJMP

by TJMP

I'm setting up an older Al Cervelo P3 55 and only have about 2" of seat post in the frame. I'm afraid that's not enough? My seat post looks uncut. Can a longer seat post be bought? Is 2" enough?

Thanks for any help
Mike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dalai

by Dalai

From Cervelo 2004 - http://web.archive.org/web/200402141224 ... anual.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2. Seatpost Length:
The seatpost has a relatively limited adjustment range in and out of the seat tube due to the design of the bike. In some cases, this may require you to cut down the seatpost to fit it to the rider. This is not a problem as long as a minimum of 65mm (2.5") of seatpost remains in the frame (Figure 1). The seatpost can be cut down with a hacksaw. In other cases, a longer seatpost may be required; longer seatposts are available from Cervélo.

The reversible head seatpost did come in various lengths and also was used on the Soloist, Dual and P2K to name a few, so you should still be able to find a longer post...

How long is your seatpost?

TJMP

by TJMP

My seat post is about 8.5" without the head and I've only have about 2" in the frame. I just ck'd eBay and see no AL P3 post at this time. Anyone know of one for sale? Thanks for any help.

Mike

Dalai

by Dalai

Sorry Mike, not sure of where to buy. These came in Al and Carbon by the way - I have the carbon post on my standard Al P3.

First port of call may be to phone your local Cervelo dealers - they may still have one in stock or know someone who has?

TJMP

by TJMP

Thanks for the help. I'll try a Cervelo dealer and keep my eyes open on the bay. I'm sure I'll be able to find one.

Thanks much
Mike

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

don't search for "al p3 post", the post was also used on soloists (alu and carbon), slc-sl, s2, s3, dual. of course most of those came with the one-position head, but i'd still search for "soloist 2-position (or reversible) post"

Dalai

by Dalai

Just did a search on ebay.com for 'cervelo seatpost' and there is a carbon post for sale. Doesn't say length but thisisatest is on the money.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com