Does anyone here use Campy Record front derailleur?

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

by nrsnow

Does anyone here use a Campy Record front derailleur for their mtb drivetrain? Any performance issues? I have Sram XO triggers...
Ridley Excalibur

Scott Spark LTD 8.15kg (retired)

Giant NRS (Retired)

by Weenie

by Geoff

I have 3 or 4 seasons on a Record triple front derailleur with no issues.

Shop Owner

by thisisatest

it depends on how hard you are on your stuff, and what the consequences are for you if something fails.
i ran a record (double) front derailleur a few bikes ago on a 42/29 double ring setup. it worked very well, but then the carbon outer cage plate came unglued from the plastic part at the bottom end. the rivet under the linkage loosened and the carbon part was able to pivot independent of the rest of the derailleur. this is an occasional, documented occurrence with record front derailleurs. it's not catastrophic if this happens, but if you go on 5+hour backcountry rides, i wouldnt do it.

Robin v Berkel

by Robin v Berkel

i us B-T-P Tune Campagnolo Record 10s 61gr for long time ( 3 years ) and it works super with X.o gripshifters and XX triggers
cannondale Rush carbon SL team 8.75kg/19.29 1x10
old WW bikes
Epic carbon 2006 9.3kg
Spark 10 2008 8.2Kg
Anthem Adv 9kg ( solt after 3 weeks not done )
scalpel 2009 7.97kg

by px

I used a Campy Record compact for about four years on my 2007 Epic S-works. Updated to a 2011 frame, so I had to abandon it. Never had any issues, it worked great. With X0 gripshifters. I also dremelled quite a lot stuff off of it.