Any Pro's here? 2min survey

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

JureC29

by JureC29

Hi! If there's any pro with UCI Continental/ProContinental/ProTour license I'm asking you to write me a message or email (jure.cadez(a)hotmail.com) and I'll send you link and pass to my survey. I'm a student and I'm writing a diploma about antidoping in cycling. I have a survey for professionall riders (10 very short questions). Should take less than 2min

So... As I said... if there're any pro's here, I'd be extremely gratefull if you take 2min of your time.

For others... If you personally know any pro's... I'd be very gratefull if you give me some contact info and tell them about my survey.

Thank you, J :beerchug: :beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Two words: Selection bias.

JureC29

by JureC29

Why?

So far, I've been able to make even a few ProTour riders to take part in the survey. The questions really aren't delicate, so I don't see a problem :) It is taking a while, to get response from pro's, but hey.... I have time until 15.8. :)

HammerTime2

by HammerTime2

The pros who respond are a biased sample, with their responses quite possibly being significantly different in distribution than the population of all pro cyclists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selection_bias and particularly http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-selection .

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Therefore, HammerTime2 will happily answer your questions, or answer in the form of a question as done in Jeopardy. :lol:
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

HammerTime2

by HammerTime2

I'm a Pro in Math and Statistics, not in bicycle racing.

JureC29

by JureC29

Hehe well yes, I've got your point... But those questions really are nothing like "have u ever thinking about taking EPO" or something.... I'm not concerned about "SLOP" for now... So far, the answers were kind of everything from one extreme to the other and preety much everything in between. :)

It's basicly just answers about how many times have they been tested, how are they feeling during blood sampling, etc... Nothing delicate really... And I tell them this, before I give them link to survey.

Now... let's get back to the main thing.... any pro? :) I've got around 15 responses in 2-3days... There is whole lot of a time :)

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

HammerTime2 wrote:I'm a Pro in Math and Statistics, not in bicycle racing.

No, really? :D

Why not tell him who he should include in his survey for it to be statistically non biased if there is such a thing.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

HammerTime2

by HammerTime2

Bazooka Joe comics are no place to lean Statistics. A proper education requires time and effort, and an aptitude in order to be able to get much out of it.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

HammerTime2 wrote:Bazooka Joe comics are no place to lean Statistics. A proper education requires time and effort, and an aptitude in order to be able to get much out of it.

Bazooka Joe comics are no place to lean<sic> Statistics

Can you be more relevant?

ticou

by ticou

We missed out on Bazooka Joe here in Blighty. We did have Johnny Red though. He was a cook's mate on a Murmansk convoy to Russia in 1942. His ship had a fighter catapult, he biffed the pilot knocking him out and to escape the brig jumped into the Hurricane and took off, downed the ME 110 that was about to bomb his ship, and landed at a Russian fighter base, and helped them out there after.

lovely artwork as memory serves.

JureC29

by JureC29

Stick to topic please :) :thumbup:

denzity

by denzity

It's still biased even if you don't think your questions are. If there is any correlation between answers to your questions and either a) being a user of this forum b) willing to answer cycling-related questions, then your test will be biased. I would bet my house on the correlation not being equal to zero.

HammerTime2

by HammerTime2

And even if there were a zero correlation, there could still be a nonlinear dependency between participation and the answers provided. And if you don't understand what that means or how it could be so, then you have no more business engaging in a statistical study than I would have being an on the road lieutenant to a TdF GC contender.

JureC29

by JureC29

LoL You've got it all wrong... This is not a statistical study in any way.... That's just short survey which is supposed to help (few pages) my diploma . So in your opinion... That kind of survey would be proper only if all the pros would be obligated to take part in it?? heh... :o

Well.... Sorry that I've asked :) Forget about it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com