BmanX

by BmanX

BERK PROTO-TYPE BEYOND BIKES
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

BmanX wrote:Jure I believe that your heart is with the bike and I also believe that if any other bike company ventured off the bike path a bit that they would be allowed to post here as well. You are a cyclist in heart, body and soul so I think it would be ok to post a few other projects. We all want to support you in this way and I am sure I am not the only one that feels this way.

Please share.

Thanks! I'm really someone who lives for cycling, so I'll for sure keep on working on my bicycle projects, and what's even more important - keep on cycling :thumbup:.

But yes, there are also some ohter carbon projects in process. The one that I really can't wait to start with it is the carbon biathlon rifle. Just meet with my friend (pro biathlete) who started that project. Our goal is to make the ultimate carbon biathlon rifle for the 2014 winter Olympics, so really a very exciting project! We'll first make some prototypes, still a lot of time and can't wait that we start with the carbon work. During the winter here in Slovenia I love cross country skiing, I trained a lot in the past in Pokljuka, the biathlon centre in Slovenia. It's a beautiful sport for the days when you can't cycle :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BobSantini

by BobSantini

Ha. I was moved to look it up and discovered Olympic biathlon rifles have a minimum weight of 3.5 kg. They must use the same committee as the UCI. :D
That should be pretty easy to achieve with a .22 shouldn't it?
r o y g b i v

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Yes you're right, there is a weight limit. But it allows to balance the rifle like you want if it's lighter, and that's a great advantage.
But the rules aren't that specific like from UCI. Just talked about that yesterday...there must only be a place, I think 12 x 4 cm that is flat, for the sticker of the organisator. And there is a limit of the max. height of the rifle if I remember right..if here is anywho who competes in biathlon please let us know ;)

nigel379

by nigel379

There are a few other rules for biathlon rifles beyond the important sponsorship section. The main one (unrelated to the stock) is the weight of the trigger. That is checked before the start of every race. They check the rifle weight only at random or major events.

The crucial one for you to know, and I'm sure you already know, is the height of the stock, from the top of the rifle, near the chamber, down to the handhold/platform for standing. It was limited to 120mm. One of the racers ahead of me had to take a hacksaw bc his hold was too long. A bit sad to see 30 minutes before the start of IBU Cup Championships. Second, the cheek piece thickness must not be more than 40mm. Otherwise, I'm sure Peter knows all the current regs :wink:

I was going to send you a PM; you can use the NdFeB magnets to hold in the magazines instead of the bulky holders. One of the US builders started using them 5 years ago. I never raced with his stock, but can tell you it is smooth and keeps clean lines for the stock. PM if you want more details or pictures. Also, I hope you guys do something neat for the 6 relay rounds. Also, you could make custom molded rear butt plates with top and bottom hooks. You could even get so advanced to mold it for prone position, high on the butt, and standing, low on the butt plate :thumbup:

For those that don't know the sport, as Berk said the main advantage to a carbon rifle is that you can put the weight in different places to balance the rifle. It can be difficult because you need to balance the rifles differently for the two positions: prone (heavy weight towards the end of the barrel) and standing (weight on the rear of the stock and weight, again, towards the end of the barrel). Most biathletes uses rifles well over weight because they are more stable to shoot when your heart-rate and breathing is at their max.

For the record, the IBU is much more reasonable than the UCI.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi Nigel,
yes Peter (for all those who don't know about who we are speaking - he's the pro biathlete) knows all the details, now I remember that he also said that about 120mm etc.,.. :). The rifle design was in project for a few months, and after the first prototypes we'll see how to continue..we have also some other very interesting and unique solutions, also for the magnets - Peter already uses something like that..so it will be for sure an ultimate biathlon rifle for him and can't wait to start with that project. We have time till 2014, so I guess we'll make a few prototypes till then..thanks for those informations :thumbup:

Otherwise I have some interesting news - would be anywho interested for carbon fiber bolts ? Well, I have access to that technology and could make them..

BmanX

by BmanX

carbon bolts. YES PLEASE. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
BIG DADDY B FLOW

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Yes.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

krzysiekmz

by krzysiekmz

Yes. Would they have a hex head like Schmolke bolts?

Chris.
Orbea Oiz - xxxx
MSC Koncept Carbon Di2 - 6955g
Leichtkraft Team Carbon - 6868g.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

krzysiekmz wrote:Would they have a hex head like Schmolke bolts?

Yes :thumbup:

Most probably I could make anything...a derailleur tuning kit, the bolt for the top cap, etc.,...I'll let you know as soon as possible :thumbup:

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

Nice I'd be in for a set..

BB cable guide bolt and bottle cages bolts too?

hasbeen

by hasbeen

bottle cage bolts, headset bolts, limit screw bolts for campy, and cable guide bolt for me please! :thumbup:
Casati Vola SLi and Dolan Preffisio
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=108931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
btompkins0112 wrote:
It has the H2 geo......one step racier than a hybrid bike

BmanX

by BmanX

Berk,

I would suggest doing a kit for a Campy, Shimano and Sram derailleur front and back as well as a top cap bolt and bottle cage bolts. Have one for each brand and maybe sell them by Paypal on your own site. Should be able to do this and then you could sell your saddles as custom options there as well.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

xc71

by xc71

I'm in for carbon bolts :beerchug:

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

BmanX wrote:Berk,

I would suggest doing a kit for a Campy, Shimano and Sram derailleur front and back as well as a top cap bolt and bottle cage bolts. Have one for each brand and maybe sell them by Paypal on your own site. Should be able to do this and then you could sell your saddles as custom options there as well.

I would like to second this suggestion. It will be very successful and the easiest to manage from your side, Berk.
I will buy.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com