Storck Fascenario 0.6 w/ Di2, ENVE 3.4's + hidden battery!!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

CippoForLife
Shop Owner

by CippoForLife

Very exciting build has come off the assembly line at Blacksmith Cycle...
Below is the Storck Fascenario 0.6 we built for MorrisonD.
I will let him chime in on ride quality, final weight, handling, etc. but figured I'd provide some pics and specs...

Frameset: Storck Fasc 0.6 - Size 59 - with THM integrated brakeset
Groupset: Shimano Dura Ace Di2 with hidden Calfee battery in seatpost
Components: ENVE custom all-black painted by Alchemy Bicycle Co.
Wheels: ENVE 3.4 rims on Tune Mig/Mag hubs with CX Rays hand-built by Blacksmith
Notes: Corima pads have been swapped to ENVE, blue Nokons since removed

Off the top of my head, I do believe final weight was 13.1 lbs, but I will let MorrisonD chime in on that.
Oh, and yes, the little yellow valve caps were promptly removed ;)

A few extra pics, fuselage details, and other thoughts can be seen on the Blacksmith site.
Big thanks to MorrisonD who is not only a great customer but also just a super fun guy to create amazing bikes with!!

Best,
Mike / Cip

TOflat

by TOflat

13.1lbs for a size 59 frame. Intense. I was wondering who that frame was going to while I was there!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fadr

by fadr

Awesome, but the cranks look subtle with this frame...

HillRPete

by HillRPete

I have said it before and I'll say it again -- the Power Arms is the most handsome crankset out there. A matte version would reach perfection.

Sweet build too, although I think the fork with the fairings for the brake is a bit too much for a road bike.

morrisond

by morrisond

The Cranks match the finish on the Fork.

So far it's been a great bike, it gets better the faster you go when it comes alive.

This is my 4th Storck and they continue to impress with there blend of stiffness and lack of road buzz.

The whole front end feels great - a lot stiffer then the Parlee Z5SL I had last year with the same bar stem.

In fact there is no one standout part of the bike in terms of stiffness - it's kind of equal all around, the faster you go the stiffer it feels.

Lastly, the bike just feels fast, I think in General Storck's stretch you out a little more which for me allows me to breath better and go faster without any more perceived effort - that plus the Aero bits might be helping a bit as well.

I may change the rings to those that come on the Shimano Carbon crank - The Tune's look great and shift okay - but Ize got to know if switching to Shimano rings makes a difference, or maybe try Praxis.

It's my favourite bike so far - Thanks to Cippo and his crew for putting this together for me.

LiveFastRideHard

by LiveFastRideHard

Just my size! Great looking bike, I really like what Storck has been doing lately and this is a perfect example. Congrats on a gorgeous bike. Quick question, how do you like the Enve 3.4?
Felt DA(RIP), Look 595, Merlin CR Works, Calfee Tetra Pro, Moots Vamoots

morrisond

by morrisond

LiveFastRideHard wrote:Quick question, how do you like the Enve 3.4?

I can't tell their there. They spin up nice and easy and no side wind issues at all, they feel very fast.

petepeterson

by petepeterson

wow baller bike.

Can we see a proper side on view picture?

KvnP

by KvnP

How'd you black out the Enve decals on the seatpost/stem ?

*just kidding. just read the Alchemy part.
Parlee Z3c
Independent Fabrication SSR // 953
Independent Fabrication Planet X
Knolly Chilcotin

konky

by konky

Morrisond - Interesting to hear your comments on overal stiffness. That for me is the number one standout quality the F0.6 possesses. And it has loads. Not that it's just staggeringly stiff, but it's that all round togetherness of stiffness it has. The whole frame, fork, seat post, saddle, crank etc feels like it is hewn out of one piece of massively stiff material.

morrisond

by morrisond

konky wrote:Morrisond - Interesting to hear your comments on overal stiffness. That for me is the number one standout quality the F0.6 possesses. And it has loads. Not that it's just staggeringly stiff, but it's that all round togetherness of stiffness it has. The whole frame, fork, seat post, saddle, crank etc feels like it is hewn out of one piece of massively stiff material.

Yes, it's very stiff and as someone who is north of 100KG(Yes I know there is a limit on the fork but Storck said it was OK) all the more so.

veloman

by veloman

That is just a superb build Mike. What kind of riding will be done with it?

carbon2329

by carbon2329

Did you have any issues with width of the rims fitting between the brakes.

I believe some have espresed they have had to shave off a certain % of the brake pads to make them fit.
From the picutures it looks like you may have done that on the rear. (I could be totally wrong)

Is this the case?
(If so I imagine with so many wide wheels comeing out Stock will have to do som frame modifiying if they want to allow more clearence.

Hopefully this is not true, however.

Great looking build. :thumbup: I hope to get one of these soon. :D

CippoForLife
Shop Owner

by CippoForLife

Ride quality, Mr. D can speak to.
As for the brakes, yup, we had to shave them down.
That's why we used the Corimas...they are much softer and easier to shave.
MorrisonD has a set of Enve pads coming his way that he is going to try to mod.
Otherwise, Storck does have a stiffer carbon spring that changes the allowable wheel width.
We will be giving those a try as soon as we get them in from Storck next week.

konky

by konky

I've tried both original and new beefed up rear brakes on the F0.6. The new ones are so much better. The rear brake was the one thing that was not great with the F0.6. Storck have fixed this. The new brake is super powerful.

Fingers crossed the new ability to adjust equal spacing will allow you to accomadate the wider Enve rims as well.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com