HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Specialized
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:39 pm 
Offline
Shop Owner

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:14 pm
Posts: 73
As far as I can tell, there won't be a sworks allez frame set.
Tarmac and venge sworks are pretty similar to last year. The roubaix got some nice updates, making it lighter and stiffer. According to specialized, the frame is sub 1000 grams.

_________________
My Rides:
2011 S3 Sram Red/808's/Zipp SLC2/Romin Pro
2009 SWorks Epic/Handbuilt wheels (by me)/Marta SL magnesiums/ XTR drivetrain
2008 Ellsworth Moment/ Handbuilt wheels (by me)/ Marta SL/ X0 (9spd) drivetrain

K.P.A.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Specialized
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:32 pm
Posts: 327
Any word on the Shiv TT (not the goofy tri version)?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Specialized
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:14 pm 


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Specialized
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:12 am 
Offline
Shop Owner

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:14 pm
Posts: 73
The shiv tt is in matte black with white highlights. Available only as a module (frame, crank, seatpost, fork, headset, and cockpit) for 5800.
There will be an allez e5 frame set. It will be in a super stealthed out anodized black and be about 20 grams heavier than the sworks frame. The paint on the sworks is apparently the main reason the weights are so close. The frameset will be 880 and apparently rides just like the sworks.

_________________
My Rides:
2011 S3 Sram Red/808's/Zipp SLC2/Romin Pro
2009 SWorks Epic/Handbuilt wheels (by me)/Marta SL magnesiums/ XTR drivetrain
2008 Ellsworth Moment/ Handbuilt wheels (by me)/ Marta SL/ X0 (9spd) drivetrain

K.P.A.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Specialized
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:32 pm
Posts: 327
Thanks freemyheel


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:37 pm
Posts: 87
Post Man Pat wrote:
See if the 2013 pro road shoes have changed and what colors? Price for the new tt clincher would be great.

Image

Image

White 74s
Image

Battery placement on Roubaix and Ruby
Image

My now fiancee right before proposing
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Specialized
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:37 pm
Posts: 87
link to my photos...nothing that hasn't been seen yet.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 229&type=3


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Specialized
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:22 pm
Posts: 732
Location: Brooklyn
Are they not showing Venge and Tarmcs or is the event still going on?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:32 pm
Posts: 7518
Location: Los Angeles / Glendale, California
Dustin wrote:
My now fiancee right before proposing


HEY!!!!
Congratulations!!!

:beerchug: :beerchug:

_________________
Exp001 || TeamLACBC


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Specialized
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:37 pm
Posts: 87
CBJ wrote:
Are they not showing Venge and Tarmcs or is the event still going on?

It's still going on, but I left. Nothing really blew me away (Tarmac or Venge), other than the EPS Venge. It was just a matter of paint. Lots of new paint options, but the same bike. Meh. The hot bike at Road Demo was the Roubaix SL4. In my opinion, for the 2nd year in a row, the Allez was under rated. Last year saw BB30 and beefed up fork. This year is a completely different frame.

Roubaix Expert w/ discs was awesome. As was the Sworks Crux w/ discs.

Got to play with D/A 9000......that stuff is legit.

Global launch was the first few days...then International dealers, and now US dealers. The pics that will be in mags and online have already been taken and should be showing up.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Specialized
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:13 am
Posts: 869
Location: 93306
White 74s! :thumbup: 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Specialized
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:25 pm
Posts: 219
Location: UK
freemyheel wrote:
There will be an allez e5 frame set. It will be in a super stealthed out anodized black and be about 20 grams heavier than the sworks frame. The paint on the sworks is apparently the main reason the weights are so close. The frameset will be 880 and apparently rides just like the sworks.


$880 USD? That sounds a good deal. I guess with Specialized PF BB?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Specialized
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:37 pm
Posts: 87
BB30


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Specialized
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:22 pm
Posts: 732
Location: Brooklyn
Dustin wrote:
CBJ wrote:
Are they not showing Venge and Tarmcs or is the event still going on?

It's still going on, but I left. Nothing really blew me away (Tarmac or Venge), other than the EPS Venge. It was just a matter of paint. Lots of new paint options, but the same bike. Meh. The hot bike at Road Demo was the Roubaix SL4. In my opinion, for the 2nd year in a row, the Allez was under rated. Last year saw BB30 and beefed up fork. This year is a completely different frame.

Roubaix Expert w/ discs was awesome. As was the Sworks Crux w/ discs.

Got to play with D/A 9000......that stuff is legit.

Global launch was the first few days...then International dealers, and now US dealers. The pics that will be in mags and online have already been taken and should be showing up.


Cool and thank you for the update. The Roubaix looks really good.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Specialized
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:28 pm
Posts: 1402
Can we find out what the differences are between the 2012 E5 Allez (OSBB) for $660 and the 2013 one for $880?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Specialized
Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:40 pm 


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Specialized
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:22 pm
Posts: 732
Location: Brooklyn
bricky21 wrote:
Can we find out what the differences are between the 2012 E5 Allez (OSBB) for $660 and the 2013 one for $880?


$220


:D


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Darceking, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Juanmoretime, Stoo, Yahoo [Bot] and 57 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Specialized recall (including 2012 and 2013 Tarmac SL4)

in Road

johnnyscans

3

819

Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:27 pm

Butcher View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2011 Hi mod vs 2013 evo

in Road

Northoceanbeach

0

672

Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:13 am

Northoceanbeach View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Parlee Z5 SLi 2013

in Road

adrianishikawa

9

1150

Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:29 pm

runner999 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Baddest bike of 2013?

[ Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4 ]

in Road

elviento

47

6648

Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:58 pm

barsook77 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Sram red 2012 and 2013

in Road

logy

7

1307

Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:20 pm

bicicleta View the latest post


It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:36 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Advertising   –  FAQ   –  Contact   –  Convert   –  About

© Weight Weenies 2000-2013
hosted by starbike.com


How to get rid of these ads? Just register!


Powered by phpBB