Time RXS pedal issue.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

That's odd as there is no reason (mechanical that is) for this to happen. You did verify the retention spring on the RH pedal?

Ciao, ;)
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

How many gazillion miles have you ridden on those pedals? I presume these are the same pedals as you recently had Time replace the bearings viewtopic.php?f=14&t=103189&p=879864#p879864 ? Do you think they can do their magic again, but now for a different problem? Maybe you should just suck it up and find a NOS pair or two to buy - perhaps you've already gotten your money's worth out of these pedals.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

He could also sell them to me..... :idea:

Ciao, ;)

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

Glad to hear it and hats off to Time. :beerchug:

Ciao, ;)

Rush

by Rush

Well my RXS First pedal broke today. The pedal body snapped in half (axle is fine). About 11 months old, just under 4,000 km on them.

I've got RXS Ti on my other bike and only one pair of shoes at the moment, an old pair of Sidis that I've had for over a decade. So keeping in mind that I'd like to keep the same cleats on both bikes, should I
a) Buy another First model as they are cheap and don't worry if they snap every 4,000 km?
b) Upgrade to the carbon bodied model in the hope that the pedal body is stronger?

ku_hi

by ku_hi

Hi,
I am servicing(puting new grease) in my Time rxs(old model with carbon body), and rxe first model.
I am concern about taking out spindle.
RXE first got printed direction on plastic cap, but old RXS with alloy cap dont have printed direction. I now from past there is difference in direction between those 2 models.
Anyone know what is correct direction for loosing spindle on old RXS model ( that model was recalled few years ago) when looking from spindle threads ?.
I dont want to damage threads and alloy cap when turning in wrong direction .
You only live twice

boolinwall

by boolinwall

That printed direction on the plastic cap is for installing the pedals on your crank. Not for removing the cap, which Time definitely doesn't want consumers doing.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com