Small carbon cyclocross disc frame/bike?

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

px

by px

I generally don't ask for advice, instead I wish to explore myself. Anyway, I'm looking for a light(ish) disc brake -equipped cyclocross bike for my girlfriend. The problem is, she is 158cm (a bit over 5ft 2in?) with a 73cm inseam. There are some small frames which would do - we test rode a bike with a 516mm top tube, but it was just a tiny bit too long. So, I guess the maximum for the top tube would be around 510mm. Please let us know if you know of a carbon disc frame that would be small enough. And if there simply is no choice in the wonderful world of carbon fibre, alu would probably have to do. Disc brakes are a must-have.

- Spez Crux exists in 46cm but it is sold only in the USA and Asia, not EU area. The 49cm size is a tiny bit too big.
- Felt F65X seems to be the only option at the moment, it exists in size 47 (510mm top tube) but it seems to be sold out everywhere.
- On-One Dirty Disco would be perfect, but the smallest size is a bit too large :/

Also, if you can find a place where the 47cm size of Felt F65X would be available, within the EU, please tell!

Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

euan

by euan

Kinesis Crosslight Pro6

px

by px

Thanks, hadn't seen that one! Am checking it out. Any other options out there?

SuperDave
in the industry

by SuperDave

px wrote:I generally don't ask for advice, instead I wish to explore myself. Anyway, I'm looking for a light(ish) disc brake -equipped cyclocross bike for my girlfriend. The problem is, she is 158cm (a bit over 5ft 2in?) with a 73cm inseam. There are some small frames which would do - we test rode a bike with a 516mm top tube, but it was just a tiny bit too long. So, I guess the maximum for the top tube would be around 510mm. Please let us know if you know of a carbon disc frame that would be small enough. And if there simply is no choice in the wonderful world of carbon fibre, alu would probably have to do. Disc brakes are a must-have.

- Spez Crux exists in 46cm but it is sold only in the USA and Asia, not EU area. The 49cm size is a tiny bit too big.
- Felt F65X seems to be the only option at the moment, it exists in size 47 (510mm top tube) but it seems to be sold out everywhere.
- On-One Dirty Disco would be perfect, but the smallest size is a bit too large :/

Also, if you can find a place where the 47cm size of Felt F65X would be available, within the EU, please tell!

Thanks!

F65x should be in Germany and UK in a few weeks.
-SD

euan

by euan

Dave will it be Shimano or SRAM builds?

limba

by limba

Too bad you can't wait 5-6 months. Everyone will have carbon disc cross bikes in their line up.

SuperDave
in the industry

by SuperDave

euan wrote:Dave will it be Shimano or SRAM builds?

SRAM

euan

by euan

Oh that appeals to me, I was thinking about a Focus Mares but I may change my mind on that.

Briscoelab

by Briscoelab

Specialized Crux disc. The disc version comes with a nice full carbon fork (including steerer tube).

SuperDave
in the industry

by SuperDave

Felt F65x also has a full carbon fork (for 2012) as well as a RIVAL R/D and $400 lower retail price.
But it isn't a Specialized.

-SD

Briscoelab

by Briscoelab

I was referring to just picking up the frame/fork and building it as needed. It's a pretty good deal on the frame set.

px

by px

I was just told by the Finnish dealer of Felt that the 47cm size of Felt F65X won't be available anywhere in Europe. What the..?

Briscoelab: The Crux Disc is only available at 49cm size in the EU, and it's a bit too big :/ 46cm size would be perfect but I'm not interested in paying 30-40% extra from the customs and overseas shipping :/

SuperDave
in the industry

by SuperDave

px wrote:I was just told by the Finnish dealer of Felt that the 47cm size of Felt F65X won't be available anywhere in Europe.

This conflicts with the information I have. Can you contact me via email so I can add my colleagues to the dialogue and help in the search?

-SD

px

by px

Thanks for your offer to help us Dave. I sent you a PM some days ago.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Does Merida do one that fits your need?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com